VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just got back from my workmates house. Hes dying of cancer and going down hill rapidly

He arranged for all his friends to go around his house for some drinks and food to say our goodbyes

He was totally upfront about this and said he wanted to see us all and have a wake while he is still alive so he doesnt miss the party!!!

Although i feel upset now as did most of my colleagues i got to have a good chat to him and his wife and it was nice to have chance to say all the nice things you say when someone dies to his face while he is still with us.

Not sure why i posted this -just thought it was a good idea- and probably wanted to tell someone about it as i feel a bit down!

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
I feel a bit sad reading this and i have a lump in my throat too.

Good on you fella for attending it must not have been easy for any of you to go,i would have found it really difficult to hold it together and find anything to say or even speak.

Top fella:ILU:

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
thats one brave mate you got there A:
think i would hide away .shame but nice that you got to say your goodbyes before A:A:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Good on you fella its what your mate wanted and it would of ment the world to him that you all went....................

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hi Rhinochaser.

What a brill idea, in a way you all got to have a good time with a good buddy i guess. Sure its tough though, good pal of mine died earlier this year from the big C, top bloke he was ,miss him so much as do all his family.

Can tell you one thing though bud, the sadness doesnt last for ever but the love does you know ? Christ its bringing tears to my eyes just reading your post dude. Be strong for him an his family and always remember the fun times had together with him .

Take care bud, Steve W....

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
nice one mate. he must of been made up that evening. he sounds like a real trooper. not sure i could be so strong in his or your shoes come to that. least he knows that he made some real good friends.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
nice one, did the same thing the other year before my dad died of cancer, whenever im thinking of him that weekend always comes back to me as a special time..
a difficult time but so memorable and positive.. best wishes to all. nik.

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Well done that is great and you will allways have good memeries when he goes. A:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts