VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My van came with a K&N filter fitted..

I hate it. All I hear while driving about is the rushing noise of the K&N slurping air into the engine, and on long journeys it drives me mental.

will happily trade a little performance to eliminate this!!

so, I'm after a cheap (no choice on that one!) standard air box assembly to suit my van - will need to source all the fittings etc with it, to put it back to standard (and hopefully much quieter!!)

Am in Dorset, but travel around the south a bit, so collection may be fairly easy - please let me know if you have such a beasty kicking about!

Thanks all..

Ben

·
Registered
851 Posts
My van came with a K&N filter fitted..

I hate it. All I hear while driving about is the rushing noise of the K&N slurping air into the engine, and on long journeys it drives me mental.

will happily trade a little performance to eliminate this!!

so, I'm after a cheap (no choice on that one!) standard air box assembly to suit my van - will need to source all the fittings etc with it, to put it back to standard (and hopefully much quieter!!)

Am in Dorset, but travel around the south a bit, so collection may be fairly easy - please let me know if you have such a beasty kicking about!

Thanks all..

Ben
hi i have one complete with the air flow mass metre its in good condition its £45 inc post ,cheers paul 07736478180

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool - thank you.

Please excuse my ignorance on this, is there anything else I would need to obtain (fastenings / pipe etc) to be able to refit this onto the van?

Is it a straightforward 'remove K&N' 'fit original airbox etc' process or are there any gotchas I need to be aware of?

thanks!

Ben

·
Registered
851 Posts
Cool - thank you.

Please excuse my ignorance on this, is there anything else I would need to obtain (fastenings / pipe etc) to be able to refit this onto the van?

Is it a straightforward 'remove K&N' 'fit original airbox etc' process or are there any gotchas I need to be aware of?

thanks!

Ben
hi ben no i would have thought it was a straight fit ,cheers

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arrived today, thanks very much for the prompt delivery :)

Also - the best wrapping of a box in clingfilm I've ever seen, that worked really well!!

Not sure when I'll get a chance to fit it, I have a wedding to do next weekend, my son gets married the weekend after, then I'm in california with work for a couple of weeks, what a shame :)

There's a chunk broken off the pipe at the back, but I suspect some crafty tape work may well deal with that.

Thanks again fella :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts