VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
would love a recommendation on a good south devon mechanic
i'm fed up with taking the van to mechanics who, although jolly decent in many respects, think they can wing it when it comes to fixing unfamiliar engines. I have had many experiences especially with my old t25 where it was often a waste of time.
I know there are some amazing garages out there but struggling to find a good old fashioned mechanic who you can trust to do a good job with the T4.
any help much appreciated
thanks to you all
andy
T4 2001
Converted Panel Van
Diesel 1.9

problems: leaky coolant bottle/pipe???
lots of smoke on start up
needs a service

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi,
would love a recommendation on a good south devon mechanic
i'm fed up with taking the van to mechanics who, although jolly decent in many respects, think they can wing it when it comes to fixing unfamiliar engines. I have had many experiences especially with my old t25 where it was often a waste of time.
I know there are some amazing garages out there but struggling to find a good old fashioned mechanic who you can trust to do a good job with the T4.
any help much appreciated
thanks to you all
andy
T4 2001
Converted Panel Van
Diesel 1.9

problems: leaky coolant bottle/pipe???
lots of smoke on start up
needs a service
PM sent to you !

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi,
I'm down in Kinsgbridge in south devon and my van has broken in some way or another! Its either the big end or the timing has slipped. Just wondering if the knowledge of a good garage who know T4s could come my way as well? :)
Thanks
Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts