VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have recently bought a T5.1 T32, looking for a set of the Devonport alloys if anyone is selling. Thanks

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
There are literally dozens of sets for sale on ebay, but for some odd reason the entire UK population calls them “Davenport” so you will have to enter the search “vw davenport wheels” into ebay to find them. You could try some other searches, as they are probably called other names too....

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Also, there are two types of tyres supplied on the Devonport wheels - 235/55 usually for Caravelles and 215/60 for vans. You want the 215s as they have higher load rating.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are literally dozens of sets for sale on ebay, but for some odd reason the entire UK population calls them “Davenport” so you will have to enter the search “vw davenport wheels” into ebay to find them. You could try some other searches, as they are probably called other names too....
Hah! Thanks v much - I did wonder why there were so few second hand sets on eBay when searching "Devonport". Regarding the load rating on the tyres, I thought T32 needed a 103 load rating? Some of the sets I've now found have 235/55 with a 103 load rating.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Hah! Thanks v much - I did wonder why there were so few second hand sets on eBay when searching "Devonport". Regarding the load rating on the tyres, I thought T32 needed a 103 load rating? Some of the sets I've now found have 235/55 with a 103 load rating.
I just knew the narrower tyres were higher and thought it a good idea for a T32. I think they are 107/109. I have tried both on my Caravelle and the 215/60s were Continental Vanco. Drove very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts