VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would like to covert my tail gate door from my 2009 LWB T5 to barn doors, any advice where I could buy or swap from will greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm doing the opposite conversion and will have a set of natural grey barn doors in the next few weeks. They don't have any windows, are ply lined and have a sportline style spoiler on them. Just got the van so I haven't inspected them really closely but if they sound interesting to you then I could post some pics at the weekend?

Cheers

·
Registered
205 Posts
You will need more than just the doors. There is no provision for the door hinges and check straps on a tailgate van.

·
Registered
515 Posts
im sure ive een a post on here somewhere by "vagnostics" stating that you can"t convert from tailgate to barn doors,he does barn door to tailgate conversions so he"s clued up on it.....might be worth your while having a chat with him before you invest too much money in parts that won"t fit

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
im sure ive een a post on here somewhere by "vagnostics" stating that you can"t convert from tailgate to barn doors,he does barn door to tailgate conversions so he"s clued up on it.....might be worth your while having a chat with him before you invest too much money in parts that won"t fit
It could be done but its not cost effective

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, Thanks for the advice do I need this kit in order to covert to barn doors? I have sourced some barn doors that are currently being resprayed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, does any one know what kit I would need to convert tail gate to barn doors? or better yet where I can buy a kit from

Many Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, sorry I have sourced some barn doors off Gumtree which are being resprayed as we speak, I will have a Tailgate for sale as hopefully the barn doors will be fitted in the next couple of days providing I can find a way! The tail gate is a creamy white colour.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
what sort of price would you get for the whole kit including barn door and spoiler with reversing camera in the badge off my van as i am doing a tail gate conversion soon ?? cheers in advance T:T:
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts