VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks I've been looking into lowering my 2013 T28 KOmbi, I've done loads of research and I've decided against coilovers as they're just too much money for a decent set! I'm leaning toward the 40mm H&R lowering springs but I'm afraid that I will fit them and the drop won't be satisfying enough for me! Does anyone know of any other makes of springs that would give more of a drop? I'm sure I read a thread on here where somebody mentioned 60mm springs!?

Cheers guys!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thought you could get 50mm drop for the T28? Anyhow, this is my T30 with 50mm HR springs on 18in sportlines. Nice ride and in my view looks good.:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rover van looks mint mate! ?? Do you know what make all I have found are H&r 40mm or eibach 30mm!?

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Depends on what wheels you want, what load you are going to carry and how delicate your spine is.

I'm currently on 18's with nice chunky tyres on H&R 40mm drop and it rides nicely.

I'm debating wheel increase but only thinking of 19's as worried it'll be too harsh if any bigger.

You could do any drop you want but I would guess the ride would get severe at much over the 40mm.
Add a conversion and you'll probably be at nearer 50mm / 60mm anyway depending on the set up and van.

Below is mine before I add the weight of a conversion. The last one is before I fitted the side rails which make it look a bit lower.

Chilli Jam Vans for the kit T:T:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow smiley that's one hell of a van you've got there fella! Love that colour! ?? Thanks for the reply I think I'm going to go with the H&R 40's I'm currently running 20" BK170's hopefully they'll bridge the gap between them and the arch!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in the same debate. I currently have 20" wheels and was looking to achieve an even arch gap all the way around. would be interesting to see vans with 20" wheels with both the 40mm & 50mm springs on

·
Registered
831 Posts
Give Chilli Jam Vans a call.
Give him all your details axle weight and what conversion you have in van.
He will sort you out, think his name is Brett, Top bloke

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
T28 full van conversion on HR40mm springs, hard rear soft front mix (255/35/R20 wheels/tyres). I'll be putting 255/40/R20s on next, just to fill the arches a bit more.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Before anyone asks about the ride - I've not found it too harsh, either before I had it lowered or after to be honest, although given it had that wheel/tyre combination on it when I bought it I have no experience of anything else. It wallows a lot less on the new springs, and is a much more "connected" drive, if you get what I mean. Rolls around much less, and I feel I can approach corners at a higher speed than previously.

Picked up a screw in the tyre so popped in to get it repaired to my local tyre garage - whilst there they suggested I move to a 40 profile rather than a 35 as it would give the alloys a more comfortable existence and absorb the shocks of driving a bit better, reducing the possibility of cracked alloys - hence my decision to upgrade.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Apologies for butting into this thread but noticed you have a Hi-Lo roof ? Nice van by the way !! I'm in the market for a pop up and the place I was going to use to fit it only fit SCA roofs but I prefer the look of the Hi-Lo. Is there any cons with the roof you have ?
Greatful for any advice. Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Give Chilli Jam Vans a call.
Give him all your details axle weight and what conversion you have in van.
He will sort you out, think his name is Brett, Top bloke
I spoke to Brett at "Chilli Jam Vans" yesterday and he gave me all the advise I needed to help me get this van lowered. Full of knowledge, great guy and highly recommended. Opted for the H&R 50mm lowering bundle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts