VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when driving van i get a bleep noise and a flashing light in top right of speedo when accelerating from a standing start up a incline or cornering hard (ish) it does not occur at a specific rev range or gear but it is driving me mental as it seems to be happening more and more frequently

been happening for a while but been a bit busy at work doing a roll out around country ( 7,000 miles in january) anyway i digress up to today i thought it was handbrake warning buzzer but it aint as this has a deep sounding buzzer sound this however is high pitched and only occurs under hard acceleration up a incline or hard cornering.

any ideas peeps before i pull out the last few strands of hair i have left

tia

danny

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
What does the warning light look like dan? An Amber van with wavy lines underneath?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when driving van i get a bleep noise and a flashing light in top right of speedo when accelerating from a standing start up a incline or cornering hard (ish) it does not occur at a specific rev range or gear but it is driving me mental as it seems to be happening more and more frequently

been happening for a while but been a bit busy at work doing a roll out around country ( 7,000 miles in january) anyway i digress up to today i thought it was handbrake warning buzzer but it aint as this has a deep sounding buzzer sound this however is high pitched and only occurs under hard acceleration up a incline or hard cornering.

any ideas peeps before i pull out the last few strands of hair i have left

tia

danny
hi mate no it is the same light and same colour that comes on when the handbrake is left on and you try to drive off but it is higher pitched noise

·
13,223 Posts
hi mate no it is the same light and same colour that comes on when the handbrake is left on and you try to drive off but it is higher pitched noise
Daft one so forgive me, you got a bulkhead in your motor?

·
13,223 Posts
I've got a funny feeling that ur handbrake switch made me just slightly loose/break in the wire but I'd need the cover off to be sure

I know it sounds daft.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a funny feeling that ur handbrake switch made me just slightly loose/break in the wire but I'd need the cover off to be sure

I know it sounds daft.....
yeh i thought so too but it is defo a different sound only got about 1600 miles to go to next service so a current rate that will be next week! will call a make a service appointment and let you sort that out at same time.

may need a loaner for the day though and will try to keep work local ish

danny

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
at long last i have foundthe cause of that annoying bleep, loads of peeps had thought it was handbrake switch but as stated in first post that makes a buzzing sound this was high pitched noise that through workload at moment just had to suffer, knew it was not terminal as a: had checked oil etc and b: it had been happening for so long that if the warning was actually based on something real it would have let go by now.

anyway it turns out it was the bl**dy brake fluid level switch, liquid level was ok but swich was knackered and causing the alarm sound all sorted now and it is a pure dream driving now without that poxy alarm going off every time i accelerated .

thanks for you help and advise dazboi would have brought van into you if work meant i could have time off but ihad to break out the spanners myself and work by floodlights at night as i had lost patience with the noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts