VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've a T4 Caravelle 2001.

The brake warning light comes on, and goes off, intermittently. Sometimes when I pull away it goes on, and then if I stop, turn off the engine, turn on again and drive on it doesn't. The brakes feel fine, no scraping or pulling. I wonder if it's a sensor as it's so intermittent. Anyone else have this, or any idea how to solve it?

George

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Also check the connectors where the wire plugs into the loom under the arch.
My light kepy coming on... undid and cleaned the connectors. No problems any more.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
As far as I remember there are two in total.

At the rear on the driver's side. The other is diagonally opposite, i.e. On the passenger side front.

Mine gave me problems off and on so I disabled them. When I hear metal against metal I'll know it is time to replace.
Anyway a good maintenance regime should pick up that pads/discs are down before that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had a rummage around and taken some photos - could find something at the front nearside, but not the rear offside (but I've have another look)

Is it this cable? And how would one disable it?

(By the way, I fixed the interior light switch problem! Thanks)

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
dude check where the wires plug into the pads , it could be unpluged

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to a VW place and asked them and a bloke there checked that the pads were ok (and they were). He said that these sensors can be annoying, and a lot of people just cut them and then connect the pairs of wires together. Has anybody done this? I'm always a bit anxious cutting wires near brakes, just in case!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts