VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my lumber warning light has came on the T5 with 24.000 miles on clock.
Is the transporter is ok to drive with this light on or could it cause damage ??,
Regards Jeff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

It says in the book it is an exhaust system fault (exhaust gas warning lamp)

In the general information it says lambda probe fault

Regards
Jeff

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I got this recently... restarted and it went away. Manual says early check at dealer so heading in with it. Not noticed any driving issues. 50k miles.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Have you just fuelled up? Sometimes it does that, give it a spirited drive to clear any carbon and see if that works!
Please don't take this that I know anything about cars at all and if your van goes bang it's not my fault. Getting someone with a plug in cable will tell you any fault codes!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My engine management system light cam on so I called into a VW dealer who did a quick computer check and said it was the exhaust temperature probe. Told OK to drive to my own dealer,a about 250 miles who then replaced (I think) a sensor.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi

Mine came on a couple of days ago. Have just taken it to the VW dealer ( Perigueux, France) who did the diagnostics which showed up a faulty glow plug on No4 cylinder. It's not serious ( although it may be more difficult to start in cold weather), they have reset the warning light and have booked me next week to replace all 4 plugs. Hope this helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had this same fault for over a year, light was on, then a motorway run it went off for a while. Finally got sick of it and booked T5 in to get it sorted. New sensor fitted 4 weeks ago and the van is running sooooooo much better, wish I had it sorted sooner. The sensor was only about £15 + fitting so why bother just sort it.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Turned out mine was because the door lock / sensor had packed up... which explains why it was deadlocking with me inside if I didn't start the engine as soon as I got in, and the headlight-left-on warning was no longer working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts