VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guys this is my first post but want to let anyone thinking of having their windows done in South Wales where not to go!

At the start of October i decided my van was ready for windows to be installed, i found a company (details removed to comply with N/S rules) 2 installed windows £285 great i thought looks about the average price i had seen elsewhere but a good hour or two closer.

Called the guy up ( removed ) said yea can do the windows sat mornin for me, great i thought. Sat morning drove down there met the guy seemed alright except he was 20 mins late. left the van there they said come back in a couple hours, when i came back job looked good and paid up, (removed) left and his employee steve was cleaning up, i then noticed the window on the pasengers side was faulty, they agreed they would sort it out next week after getting a new glass. Went home and washed it like they said then realised both windows leaked also noticed the rubber seals they installed looked like they hacked at them.

Took van back down pasenger window re-done, sealed properly no leaks or marks and rubber seal looked good. On the driver window they put sealer round the edge looked a mess

Took van back again to have driver window replaced, this time window sealed great but the window was a dodgy one with scratches and bubbles in it and the rubber seal was again a mess.

Took van down for a final time and picked up tonight already checked it and its leaking again going to check in the morning to see if the glass is ok, rubber seal looks good again. This time going to seal it ourselves as costing a fortune in diesel.

They did give me a free rock and roll bed frame but even that was just knocked together with 2mm ply fixed to it, but with a little work from my dad who's a welder/engineer we can sort it.

Only reason we didnt do windows ourselves was due to time and thought we would get a better job by taking it to a proffesional WRONG!!!!!!!!
Would have been better off doing it ourselves!!!

So if you want your windows done do NOT take it to (detail removed) as it will be a waste of your time and money!

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Dude, appreciate it must have taken a while to type all that. But there are rules on Naming and Shaming here. And it will more than likely get edited or deleted I'm afraid.
Just so you know when you can't find it, or it looks a bit different and makes no sense :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Gotta laugh though, someone is taking the time and being considerate enough warning about a really dodgy company ripping customers off and you have a policy not to name them.... mental!

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
One place has it's rules.
Another place has it's rules.
They may be different buts that's just the way it is.

You can sill smoke in my local as they don't give a funk. Top boozer.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I know, this causes a mass debate everytime it occors. I'm all for naming and shaming but the mods dont want the associated hasstle/law suits. At least we know who they are by looking on BY I:

·
Registered
621 Posts
So how does watch dog get away with naming and shaming . Considering millions are watching yet here we are a few.

Maybe we should have RATE A TRADER No words to print just a 1 to 5 . On another forum this has worked for years and the traders who got low scores did ask to be removed .

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Lads as moderators we don't make the rules we just help enforce them,

As members you merely have to try to abide by them. That way everybody is happy.

If it bothers you that much get the details off the guy pm the entire membershipT:

·
Registered
560 Posts
wouldn't it be best to set up a part of the forum for good and bad reports on shops etc ?

least then you could put a disclaimer saying that the forum or management have no implications as to what is said and neither condones it or disagree with said posts :*

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
....Rules is Rules boys......no matter how stupid and no matter if this is one of the very few forums that don't allow Naming 'N' Shaming ....Rules is Rules :*

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.