VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the filler necks are a PITA generally and take ages to drain into the res. However this ones different, Lately the fluid is just sitting in the neck and the res is empty.

Randomly it did drain down into the reservoir a few days ago but the next 100ml or so I put in is stuck in the neck again!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Theres a gauze in there to stop debris getting into the tank it could have gummed up with mixed washer fluid types
Try a kettle of boiling water

·
Special Rapporteur
8,604 Posts
Please don't start pouring boiling water into parts of your vehicle that obviously aren't designed to take boiling water!

The filter part should just lift out of the neck of the reservoir. You can then take it indoors, wash it and if necessary use an old toothbrush to clear any obstruction, and then simply drop it back in place.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Could be plugged up, when I inherited my curent work van there was a thick disc of goo in the filler gauze presumeably from different chemicals. If you want a closer look remove your front left arch liner, the tank sits immediately ahead of it.

Probably worth popping the washer motors out of their sockets and try to flush it through before doing anything more drastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts