VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’m having a dilemma, I have water coming through the passenger’s side, behind the rear wheel arch void at the back of our t5 2010, I have replaced the usual roof bolts and sliding door clips and motor grommet all new and theses area is fine when tested..

I have narrowed it down after doing various water tests to the two wire loom grommets behind the rear light (haven replaced with a new light wire loom grommet), I’m Thinking sealant might sort theses out?

It also seems to be coming through the door check strap (which is also new part replaced too) where the arm goes into the van (might there be a cover to stop water from the roof gutter hitting this and water seeping inside.

Haven spent nr £100 on parts to sort this out, VW said they would have do there “water test and will charge £90hr prob 2hrs work to look” this is so much to me as I’ve already done many tests myself to narrow it down.

Has anyone else experienced this or know of anything, would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'd be cleaning off the roof gutter and sides of the barn doors and checking for any holes in the silicon seal of the gutter/drain.
A lot off dirt collects in there, especially if you park under trees and the like.
The next thing to check is the door rubber to see if that is sealing correctly.
If it has any rips or tears in it, get a new one. (won't be cheap)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be cleaning off the roof gutter and sides of the barn doors and checking for any holes in the silicon seal of the gutter/drain.
A lot off dirt collects in there, especially if you park under trees and the like.
The next thing to check is the door rubber to see if that is sealing correctly.
If it has any rips or tears in it, get a new one. (won't be cheap)
yep ordered new door seal other day as thought could be that.
have cleaned gutter and all surrounding area.

here pic of the grommets are they the right way up? (just a thought)

pics from inside void (using snake cam)
light wire loom water seeping on the side.

grommet from barn door wires

looking up at the door stay latchs from inside void

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the new barn door stay latch/hinge - seems to seep into hole where it goes in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts