VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Water getting into interior

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  T3 Si 
#1 ·
Hi

:confused: Anyone got suggestions please? I have a 52 plate Caravelle TDI. My front passenger and driver side carpets are soaking...like someone has thrown water all over them. Can't see any obvious points of entry. Worse spots are near wheel arches...literal puddles! Water also getting in on the side door. Carpet here also wet (although this may have been caused by having car jet washed!) Thanks

#4 ·
Had the same issue in mine, running in around the windscreen on the passengers side.

The only way I could find out exactly where was by lifting the carpet and rubber floor and have a bare cab for a bit. It was dripping down onto the wheel tub and then along one of the channels on the floor so you could only see it with no flooring down. T:

#6 ·
I'm trying to sort the very same problem out this week. Had to take out the seats and cab mat down to the floorpan. Totally soaking as if, like you say, a bucket of water had been thrown in.

Dried it out and then gave a light dusting of talcum powder in the foot well. Lucky the weather is rubbish so I didn't have to use a hose. The talc shows where the water is running. In my case it's the passenger side of the windscreen.

Should be sorted by Wednesday by the nice man from a well known repair/replace company.

#8 ·
Got my van in Feb, same issues, luckily a friend of mine is a windscreen fitter, he took it into his workshop and cut the screen out completely. At some time in the vans history its possible another screen had been fitted but it was only bonded every six inches with the hope that the trim would keep water out. Same issue with the rear but all good now, but there was a load of corrosion to rub back and treat before new bonding.
Also i had a damp patch on the cab floor, which turned out to be the clutch master cylinder leaking, read a thread on here its a very common problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.