VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep finding water under the rubber floor on the offside of the cabin i have sealed one hole I found but it is still leaking from somewhere and i cannot font it, any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
evrywhere :ROFLMAO:

look around the windscreen, the bulkhead (underbonnet), heater air-intake (underbonnet), door seals. roof (YES, t4's rust ;)), the seam where the roof & windscreen-pillars meet (the sealer cracks & water gets in & runs down the pillar then gets to the door-hinge area thats foal-filled so overflows into the cab)

Rich.

Reactions: joethewalsh

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,990 Posts
"Also removed any rust and then replaced" ......

Maybe you should NOT have replaced the rust? :whistle:

Sealing the windscreen properly often involves welding new pieces of metal in.
What year/style is it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
evrywhere :ROFLMAO:

look around the windscreen, the bulkhead (underbonnet), heater air-intake (underbonnet), door seals. roof (YES, t4's rust ;)), the seam where the roof & windscreen-pillars meet (the sealer cracks & water gets in & runs down the pillar then gets to the door-hinge area thats foal-filled so overflows into the cab)

Rich.
Thanks Rich I will check these out, i have just resealed the roof but the water could have been there prior to me doing that, when the weather improves i will take out the seats and lift the rubber to get it dry again i really thought i had cured this problem :(

Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Also removed any rust and then replaced" ......

Maybe you should NOT have replaced the rust? :whistle:

Sealing the windscreen properly often involves welding new pieces of metal in.
What year/style is it?
Hi, thanks for the reply, the van is a t4 high top 1996. the windscreen surround was in good condition and only had a couple of small rust spots so I'm pretty sure its not coming from there.

Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have just ordered some "stop that leak" spray to try under the off side wing where i think the water is coming in, has anyone tried this before? I will keep you posted so watch this space.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
I had this on a '97 ABL, after looking everywhere it turned out to be a cracked heater matrix.

Taste the water** , if it's sweet it's coming from the engine.

HH

** Ethyl Glycol (anti freeze) is poisonous, so don't take a gobfull - tip of the tongue will do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks HH maybe i should run the engine for a while and see if any water comes in, have the seats and flooring out at the moment to try and locate it so thanks for the info.

Tom

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've now removed all the old sealant from the roof where the high top meets the metal roof and resealed it with good quality sealant, let it cure for a few days then hosed the whole van for at least 30 minutes and it is completely dry :) I'm going to leave it for a few more days just to make sure before putting it all back together.
thanks to you all for your help and suggestions.
Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts