VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Long time no see.

I've got some water pooling below the pedals on my T4. Figure it might be coming through the vents/heater, but not really sure where to start. Any ideas/schematics round here?

No smell of antifreeze incidentally, so I don't think it's coming from the matrix. (Had that problem on a Mk II Golf, years back.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
i get a little water in the passenger side since having a new windscreen fitted , so i would agree with a leaky windscreen

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had this and it turned out to be a leaky aerial socket (ours is ExAA so has lots of aerials on the roof). The water runs along the headlining, then down behind the door pillar and into the footwell. Worth having a look.

C

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas everyone. I've heard a suggestion that a blocked gully (leaves, etc) can also result in this, but I don't know what route the water would be taking in that case.

lord_farquad, did you just call Autoglass with a suspected leak? I don't quite understand why they'd do it for free?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Thanks for the ideas everyone. I've heard a suggestion that a blocked gully (leaves, etc) can also result in this, but I don't know what route the water would be taking in that case.

lord_farquad, did you just call Autoglass with a suspected leak? I don't quite understand why they'd do it for free?
The blocked gulley one is the area at the base of the windscreen. The drain holes in the corners drop the water into the wing cavity which fills with leaves etc at the bottom and then the water finds it's way into the van on various seams in there.

My solution was to remove the wing, clear it out and fit a gauze filter under the drain hole to stop large items getting in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eek! I think removing the wing might be a little bit beyond me...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts