VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow water has manages to get inside the sealed area at the bottom of my sliding door...???
I can't see where, or how it has managed to get in there but has anyone else had this happen.:*
T4 swb 2001

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
You may have one or more of the rubber bump-stops missing ?? Or a grommet ?? However , theres two drain holes ..one at the front , under the bottom roller hanger , and a corresponding rear ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
i had the same issue. I've replaced the bottom roller + the door seal. with a quick alignment, it seams to have fixed the problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a small leak coming through the locking barrel on the sliding door. Might be worth checking that. One of those jobs I'm yet to fix, currently wedged some cloth under the mechanism to try soak up most of the water.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Have you carpeted / covered the door?

I noticed the other day water dripping in the top of the sliding door, where I stretched the carpet over the top edge of the door, it wasn't allowing the rubber seal to grab the door tightly and so water was soaking through the fabric and getting under the seal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i have carpeted..but it was like that last winter before i had... can't for the life of me find where it is coming in.. i can drain it out but after heavy rain its back again...its all dry at the moment..it keep looking:eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a small leak coming through the locking barrel on the sliding door. Might be worth checking that. One of those jobs I'm yet to fix, currently wedged some cloth under the mechanism to try soak up most of the water.
i'll have a look at that man thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the replies. door aliment is ok and seals are all on fine.....i think adding fish could be the way forwardT:

·
Registered
361 Posts

I have the same problem. Have you fixed it? If so what did you do?

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts