VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been noticing van damp inside, condensation on windows. Found front carpet wet then on examination found rear wet also. Ive taken up the front carpet as well as the fitted rubber mat and found a lot of water. I believe the rear carpet has just had some of the water getting through from the front. I have used a hose to soak the front of the van, mainly directing it at all around the screen. Afterwards I could see water on the drivers side floor, looking to be running down the bulkhead behind the pedals. The obvious cause looks like screen, but before I go down that route has anyone ever found another source of water leaking like this? Don't want to get the screen replaced only to find water still getting in.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update, after a suggestion from a windscreen fitter, while sitting in the drivers seat I pressed lightly against the top right corner of the screen. The screen lifted quite easily a couple of inches each side of the corner. Not much doubt now where the water is coming from. The screen was fitted a couple of years ago, obviously not well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts