VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Water leak from back of Engine ??

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  StealthCamper 
#1 ·
I have a '99 2.5 Auto Caravelle. The engine was replaced recently but there seems to be a "wee" leak from somewhere. Its loosing a good bit of water from somewhere between the back of the block and the bulk head. I've been looking but for ages but just can't seem to find the source. The water bottle will totally empty over a journey of 40 mile so its a real concern. I'm also getting steam coming through the air vents at the bottom of the windscreen ???

Any ideas ????

#4 ·
FOUND IT.....!!!! the leak was coming from behind the heat shield on the bulk head - fairly flowing alright ! This lead me to investigate inside the cab.
The carpet in the passenger footwell is soaking so after further rooting I have managed to trace the water to the back of the heating unit.

There's only one problem.......thats as far as I can get !

Is there a reason why this unit is ing water its also piping hot. This also leads me to another problem ...the aicon does not produce warm air in the cab, can't clear windows

Anybody got any suggestions ?

I'm going to post this thread in another section aswell I really don't know if it is engine related.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.