VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere, but I've got a coolant leak which appears to be coming from a plastic connector on the right hand side of the engine if looking front on, just below where the dipstick supporting bracket bolts to the engine. A bit tricky to explain but here's some pics:

Its losing about 1 litre every couple of weeks at the moment.

Any advise is much appreciated, cheers T:

·
Registered
573 Posts
In NA it it is a dealer part. Looks like the "t" that goes to the cabin heater. Go to VW look at the parts diagram and order it... Maybe where you are you can get it after market, here in NA I am f'ed with bits like this..I have has a few of these plastic coolant fittings fail over the years...IMHO the plastic bits are the weakest link in the T4 engines

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses, will have to try and order the right part and change it in the week. Karlos do you know the part number if you've recently changed yours?
Cheers

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
As said, a relatively easy fix. I had been losing water for years, not enough to panic. then it all let go on the motorway.

When doing it I accidentally pulled off the hose for the brake servo. Left a very hard pedal till i pushed it back on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just an update - I went to VW today and ordered the part, there are a few different styles depending on engine type, mine is the flat faced on with o ring, part no W068 121 132, cost me £13.24. My van is a 1996 1.9td, think engine code is ABL. Now I just have to tackle replacing it!

·
Registered
117 Posts
i've discovered a small leak from mine and went to TPS for a replacement. Their print out didn't have the right one on it and even gave them that part number from this thread, but they said it was for a different one.

question is, did you manage to get the same part as the original or have you made good with a similar one??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't picked up the part yet, should be getting it tomorrow. As far as I'm aware its the same as the original but will confirm tomorrow.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so the part that vw told me I needed looks completely wrong - it has four outlets instead of 2!!! They said to try and get the part number from the one on my van and they will have another look - will keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Just looked on vagcat and its the only part without a part no...............
tell them it goes between heater matrix and auxilliary water pump hoses

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got mine yesterday after a load of problems with getting the right part. I got offered that part with the four outlets. 2 for hoses and 2 for sensors or switches also and finally managed to get the correct number after getting in with the engine.

The correct one is 044 121 144B cost £7.64 or something from VW.

I Have seen one on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T4-CAM...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb5955230

Be careful with the bolts as one of mine sheered really easily and was really fortunate to get the broken bit out of the head. Otherwise a really quick fix.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just an update - I finally got around to taking the broken part off my van so I could check the part number, it's 044 121 144 B.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts