VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it rains hard and the van is parked on a slope angled towards thevfront of vehicle I get rain running in from thevfront interior light, i have checked all roof bolts, any ideas ?
The vehicle is a 2006 swb kombi 130 t32

Many thanks
Gail

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right it doesnt come in when parked the other way but still annoys me that water is getting into my van:confused:
No aerials or anything fitted just a standard kombi

Thanks for a prompt reply
Gail

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked the bolts were tight will remove them and check for seals.
The water comes in when parked on drive with nose pointing downhill not looked at screen as i thought the water would run down the screen but will check.
Thankyou for your idesa

Gail

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
id say bolts have the rubber seals missing ,mine is the same T:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I had this. When it was parked down hill the rain run down the roof and leaked in through a badly installed windscreen, had a new one fitted and it,s dry as a bone. I think its because they stretch to reach the middle of the roof and dont lay enough sealant on. So if its had a replacement screen fitted this could be your problem.T:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had this. When it was parked down hill the rain run down the roof and leaked in through a badly installed windscreen, had a new one fitted and it,s dry as a bone. I think its because they stretch to reach the middle of the roof and dont lay enough sealant on. So if its had a replacement screen fitted this could be your problem.T:
I had exactly the same on my last van 2005 swb. got a chip on the windscreen had the screen replaced, the fitter said the old screen had already been replaced before and poorly fitted ( not sealed in the middle of the screen) water used to come in near the interior light

1 - 8 of 8 Posts