VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to strip the inside of the van today in order to fit a tailgate and start the camper conversion, it was raining heavily
when I removed the interior panels from the passenger side I noticed small trickles of water coming from a large plastic grommet (presumably blanking where the motor for an electric door closer would fit) and the small plastic clips that hold the sliding door runner cover in place.
I've not heard of this being a problem before and just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience, im going to remove the clips and either fit new or try some sort of sealer on them as I obviously don't want water getting into the insulation once fitted
:*

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I started to strip the inside of the van today in order to fit a tailgate and start the camper conversion, it was raining heavily
when I removed the interior panels from the passenger side I noticed small trickles of water coming from a large plastic grommet (presumably blanking where the motor for an electric door closer would fit) and the small plastic clips that hold the sliding door runner cover in place.
I've not heard of this being a problem before and just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience, im going to remove the clips and either fit new or try some sort of sealer on them as I obviously don't want water getting into the insulation once fitted
:*
Quite a common one mate
From memory they have like a sticky sponge gasket which deteriorates.
Remove from outside and replace or reseal

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I had the same issue when I stripped the ply off my bus...

I wrote about it here http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=345801 and got loads of helpful replies.

Have a look and if you need any more help, drop me a pm T:

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Yep, all the same clips and from memory the black plastic cover with the foam surround was only a couple of quid too...

Good Luck...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts