VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
T5 130 flashing water warning red light light on dashboard.
Resets if ign switched on/off
I know this is overheat ,or low coolant warning but read that it is also water in fuel.?
Coolant level is ok,sensor wires are clean,temp gauge seems to rise and fall ok.
If so,:confused: as there is no drain point on the T5 fuel filter what is recommended way to drain it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It could be the water pump shaft has broken, the size of the cooling system is such and with the auxiliary water pump this engine can sit at idle or drive at below 3000rpm with no signs of overheating but go over 3000 rpm and they overheat quickly. But you say it resets on recycling the ignition? I know crafters suffer with the specific gravity of the coolant and you have to up it so the float in the reservoir works correctly,never heard of this on a T5 but you never know.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ normal bloke.... my manual says , do not drive,tow to main dealer , drop trousers and bend over , do not pass go , pay whatever they ask! LOL:LOL:LOL:

That is why I come on this great site, others in this T4,T5 community have the knowledge to impart and help a fellow owner.A:

Water pump has been replaced recently. 2.5 130

·
Registered
50 Posts
@DVDFrost - did you get to the bottom of this?
I have the same issue with my 06 SWB T5
Red water cooler light flashes on dashboard, if i switch the ignition off/on the light doesn't come on

Thanks in advance
Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts