VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Diesel pump has to be moved to get at the top two bolts on the water pump? My manual doesn't mention it, I've had a good look on here but can't see any other way of getting good clearance on the bolts without pulling the Diesel Injector Pump away. Am I missing a trick here? Grrr

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has dare reply yet, in case you have no idea what bolt I'm on about here is a pic taken from underneath, I have swung the alternator out of the way, undone the two bottom bolts from the alternator/water pump bracket and now just have to undo the 2 top ones. Only the diesel pump slants down cutting off the space. I can just get a spanner head on it but have no room to move it. No room for a socket. No one mentions it being difficult at all so wonder if I'm missing a trick? Here is a picture.

Someone......Anyone....

Failing this I will just swap the internals of my new pump into the old. Many people seem to think the 1.9 pump is bombproof anyway so all this might be a waste but don't want to strip the whole head, replace timing belt etc then have water pump go bang.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts