VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says. My car is booked in to be Waxoyled next weekend as it has a little bit of surface corrosion starting underneath in the subframe, then I was going to do the same for the van.

But I wondered how effective Waxoyl is? :confused:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I personally think it's awesome stuff BUT VERY MESSY in the wrong places. Out of interest how much is it costing to do? I've always done it myself.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I had my current vehicle steam cleaned then left in a warm workshop over night before waxoyling. Just to make sure I blew out all the chassis rails, etc with a air line before starting with the black stuff. Covered all the wheels and anything else worth protecting with bin bags and let rip. I was suited masked and goggled and still got in a mess.
I was fortunate to have access to a ramp and air lines....not the sort of job you want to be doing laying on your back on the driveway at home with `her nextdoors` white micra nearbyLOL:LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I waxoyl my GTI every 18 months / two years - the first one is the biggy, the rest are just top ups on exposed sections...

It pays off in the end...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a 20 year old vauxhall , had it from new. We have waxoiled it from new and it is still like it was when it came from the showroom underneath. It ahs done over 250k so hasn`t been sat on the drive.

We also do the T4. A:

Sian :D

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
it is defo worth doing, did mine last year.

keeps those metal bits rust free for years, £50 sounds good, costs £30 to get stuff yourself.

get those guys to blast off dirt before and leave to dry.

the wax does go everywhere, but that is the idea, are they just doin underneath? or above sea level as well.

take all panels off door, rubber plugs etc and give them a goin over.

wax works better when warm and thinned down as reccommended.:D

·
Registered
362 Posts
i use some thinners to thin mine down then sproy it on with a parafin air gun loooks nice when its done just ike the factory, those pumpy ones in hafords i find get it a bit lumpy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi guys. I have had the Jag done today, just the under body and arches. £46 inc vat, done on a ramp. Quite pleased with the results. Van next.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts