VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 model like brand new riden once for about twenty minutes then I realised I am now 32 and I am a little too big for a bmx
Bought for £360 back in December will accept £250 for it ( need funds for a grown ups bike- racer)
It is Matt black with black chrome handlebars

Item is located in Warrington

Tel 07786168161

·
Registered
480 Posts
Same here Rake i have one (Diamond back)And i have just purchased and old school Mongoose to do up for the wifeT:
Im 41 and she is notI:

·
6,703 Posts
Good on you all !

I met a 50 year old skater last week and the rampworks, he flowed better than any of the kids but complained of bad joints later.

Kudos and hope to still be able to do that myself.

Harry Main was there last night too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I' e been wondering about getting a BMX, been taking my kid to the park and quite fancy a roll around on the ramps my self, 34 but nagging feeling is it will hurt!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I' e been wondering about getting a BMX, been taking my kid to the park and quite fancy a roll around on the ramps my self, 34 but nagging feeling is it will hurt!
You are on this little rock for only a short period of time. NEVER sit there and consider doing something that active and fun looking. Do it, enjoy and spend time with your little one whilst you're doing it.
Yes it will hurt at times but you'll be pushing your boundaries of ability. Once you've pushed through it you'll improve and enjoy things even more. You'll also be able to keep up with your little one as well. hahaha

Sorry for Hijacking your thread Doyle. Sounds like a good bike. Is it a DJ/Street bike? top tube length?

·
6,703 Posts
Do it ! the time spent with the kids is more precious than anything.

My 7 year old just starting to fly out.

Its dad and lad stuff that you just can't get in the kitchen doing finger painting.

The WTP on sale here might be just the thing for you !

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Good on you all !

I met a 50 year old skater last week and the rampworks,
Harry Main was there last night too.

If you ever see an orange vw bay camper there its a friend of mine, he is in his more mature years (40's), he is friends with Harry Main too.

Doesnt live to far from you either. T:T:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Don't sell it - Ride it dude! :ILU:

Us thirty-odd year olds (39 to be exact) should be showing these 'old' fellas how it's done!!!!!!!!!!! LOL:

I'm a racer, but it's all good and they're all bikes, try the super-x track at Manchester velodrome if you don't fancy a skatepark!!! :eek: :D

There's alot of ex-bmx'ers ride with us too
Have a look at the link below

·
6,703 Posts
If you ever see an orange vw bay camper there its a friend of mine, he is in his more mature years (40's), he is friends with Harry Main too.

Doesnt live to far from you either. T:T:
Funny you mention the Mainiac, I Rhino stickered his Rangie last time.
He also left his lights on and flattened his battery.

Glad to see he is down to earth what with all that fame. Had a chat to him and he is a really nice chap.

That camper friend would't be shaun would it ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry if I offended anyone with the age comment ;), anyway I managed to swap a surfboard for a nice little racer so I think I will keep hold of it for now.
May even have cheeky blast on the skate park tomorrow.
Thanks for the inspiration guys. :ILU:

·
Registered
318 Posts
mate i'm 46 I done a 28k downhill mountain bike race in the alps last year called "the mountain of hell", keep at them they keep you alive....

·
Registered
597 Posts
42 and I just brought a Long Board Skate board, look a complete idiot cos Im rubbish but my 6 year old son loves racing me around the block on his scooter.

Free bump - but keep it, £250 won't last you 5 minutes and doesn't really contribute to a good racer anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts