VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 04 174 kombi just recently the brake pad warning indicator has been coming on, not every time just now and again. But as of yesterday the light has come on and stays on every time i start the van. I have had new discs and pads (genuine items) fitted about a year ago and since then the van has covered 5k so there is plenty of meat left on them and the rear pads are about 2/3rds worn but i have had them out and they are nowhere near the wear indicators i have checked the wiring and the plug appears to be damaged on the front wear indicators but on close inspection it is only the outer casing the connection is good and clean i have had it apart and it looks fine i have also changed the brake light switch today as somebody told me that they can cause this problem but it is still the same. Anybody got any ideas this van is driving me insane!!!!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
useless bit of kit really. I removed and shorted the cables and put them in a sealed crimp as its serviced yearly and does low miles really

·
Registered
609 Posts
I would bet money on it being the wire that runs up the inner wheelarch on the passenger side front. it's something that's know to wear through after a while.

A replacement repair harness is available from VW. Part no 7H0 927 903.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did this to mine, having just changed pads & disks all round (needed doing anyway).

Just cut the plug off, join the wires and seal. Light stays off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
we tried that it still stays on regardless of what anyone says reset by the computer checked and double cheked and reset again still the bloody thing stays on

·
Registered
21 Posts
you must have broke wire
have you done both front ones
has it got them on back as well
because they all linked through each other
check see if you have earth on it
can be slow job checking each wheel should have earth on both wires when pluged in to complete the cuirct

·
Registered
17 Posts
t30 ( t5 window van ) only has sensors on front near side and rear offside so it should be a bit quicker to check this. out but it has been on so long now i am used to the beep and just ignore it now the van is now 5 years old with 257k on the clock and is used as a disabled access taxi i will prob get rid within the next 6 months or so if i start getting anymore problems as ido not whant to spend anymore money on it unless i have to

1 - 10 of 10 Posts