VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for places to go for long weekends / short getaways and figured it'd be quite good to have a thread where people can post up where they would recommend.
Also with some details on what the sites facilities are, pet friendly, what's nearby etc etc
I know there are websites for this sort of thing, but first hand feedback from fellow T campers could be much better suited.
So lets 'av 'em folks 馃殣馃

Premium Member
Most of my overnight stays have been at motor racing circuits - I can recommend all those! :LOL:

However, I have just booked a couple of nights in October Half term for me and the nipper at Broadstones Camping and fisheries near Monmouth.
Its at the southern end of the Forest of Dean and View Ranger tells me there are plenty of MTB and walking trails nearby. The campsite has good good reviews, seems to have a good level of facilities without going over the top. 拢23/per night for up to a family of 4.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nice one Kingy, I'm actually looking to get away this weekend so will give that a look as mtb trails are also good (y)

Just checked, less than 2 hours away from me which is handy.

Reactions: Kingy

Registered
try " cedar camping " st twinnells, Pembroke. just opened this year.
lovely site, and you can do the iron man route if you think you are up to it ???(y)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
try " cedar camping " st twinnells, Pembroke. just opened this year.
lovely site, and you can do the iron man route if you think you are up to it ???(y)
That does sound good, but 4 hours away so more of a long weekend / week holiday for me, pretty much anywhere on the Welsh coast. Stunning areas.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did my first proper camping holiday in my van a few weeks back at Vaenol caravan park, lots of space for hook up and non hook ups, very clean shower block and well organized re social distancing. 1 mile outside Tywyn so plenty of Wales on your doorstep. 拢20 per night.

www.vaenolcaravanpark.co.uk

Premium Member
North Newton Caravan Park in Bridgwater, Somerset.

Electric and water hook up, with drainage on some pitches, lots of mountain bike routes on the Quantock Hills, a mere whiff away from Devon and Cornwall.

Shower block is not (contractors messed up the wet room flooring and it looks a bit bad) brilliant, but loads of hot water.

It's a good base to work from though and very secure, I'm contracting on the fire and security systems on a nuclear power station near by. You can leave your van open and nothing will go missing, it's a community that look after each other.

Registered
North Newton Caravan Park in Bridgwater, Somerset.

Electric and water hook up, with drainage on some pitches, lots of mountain bike routes on the Quantock Hills, a mere whiff away from Devon and Cornwall.

Shower block is not (contractors messed up the wet room flooring and it looks a bit bad) brilliant, but loads of hot water.

It's a good base to work from though and very secure, I'm contracting on the fire and security systems on a nuclear power station near by. You can leave your van open and nothing will go missing, it's a community that look after each other.
Is it full of contractors from hinckley point?
Anything within walking distance?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another one with a sea view to wake up to 馃槑(y)

Registered
Wherever I go, I usually try to rent a worthy place to live in. Airbnb is quite good for that. I pay attention to the kitchen in a house or an apartment to rent. If you can cook there, you will be able to save a lot of money. Moreover, I like picking some ideas for my house renovation. When I was in Philadelphia, I found out about kitchensearch.com/ and ordered a kitchen design there.

Premium Member
Ill post back up here as it can be very useful now everything is opening up!
Last weekend we stayed at Home Farm Holiday Park, just outside Burnham on Sea. Paid for the stay through Pitchup.

Lovely campsite with a 30 minute walk to the beach and a 20 minute drive from cheddar gorge.
Mainly caravan but with grass pitches and electrical hookup I cannot complain. The inside food was really nice and great priced! The stay was 拢26 per night too.

Pitches were a good size as well!

Registered
T5.1 t28
馃 nice down cheddar gorge. The missus wants to see stone henge although I'm not sure why looking at a couple of bricks is worth while, but never mind. 馃榾 all being well were going to Weymouth, a campsite overlooking the beach.

Premium Member
馃 nice down cheddar gorge. The missus wants to see stone henge although I'm not sure why looking at a couple of bricks is worth while, but never mind. 馃榾 all being well were going to Weymouth, a campsite overlooking the beach.
Beautiful!
Will have to get some pictures on here so we can see where it is馃槤

1 - 20 of 49 Posts