VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every body ,I know I am going to get a few funny and simple answers!?
BUT roughly how heavy is a t5 13 plate (t28 what ever that means)I’ve only had her for 3 months not used since bought !!! Just doing all little jobs that previous owner didn’t do ,and must admit looking good
So any answer is welcome cheers in advance

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi every body ,I know I am going to get a few funny and simple answers!?
BUT roughly how heavy is a t5 13 plate (t28 what ever that means)I’ve only had her for 3 months not used since bought !!! Just doing all little jobs that previous owner didn’t do ,and must admit looking good
So any answer is welcome cheers in advance
Oh it’s fully converted

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
It's a hard one to say as we won't know what all your conversion parts weigh.

However, the T28 means you can carry 2.8 tonnes including the weight of the vehicle etc etc.

If you really need to know, you could always take it to a weighing bridge at a cost.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a hard one to say as we won't know what all your conversion parts weigh.

However, the T28 means you can carry 2.8 tonnes including the weight of the vehicle etc etc.

If you really need to know, you could always take it to a weighing bridge at a cost.
Cheers for that stay safe

·
Special Rapporteur
8,971 Posts
It's hard to know what you mean by "fully converted" because a pop-top will make a big difference, but my fully converted SWB van (with pop-top and all the rest) weighs 2.3 tonnes with no other payload on board except the driver and half a tank of fuel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s great that means I’ve got a ton to play with (ref tyres)
Much appreciated happy camper
Be safe cheers

·
Special Rapporteur
8,971 Posts
I'm not too sure what you mean, but tyres (and wheels) must be rated to match or exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight of the vehicle, as marked on its load plate.

What the vehicle normally weighs without payload on board isn't relevant to choice of tyre (or wheel) load rating.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve got new Pirelli scorpion verde all season 255/45 R20 101H AO Boots and just wanted to know
what weight the van was for correct pressure
Thanks anyway

·
Special Rapporteur
8,971 Posts
There is no real subsitute for putting it on a weighbridge for that, because knowing the total weight doesn't tell you what each axle's loading is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts