VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
[
Hi No not as yet have been really busy . But father xmas has got me a set of B14's . So I will find the time to get them fitted ? when I get back to work in the new year ?
Snap, its alot of money to fork out for something that isnt as described. iv got a t6 t28, running standard breaks with 9j front 9.5j rear and your pics looks the spit of mine showing wear on the caliper clip. only difference is mine went on fine, ran them for 8 months no problems but last week i put on new pads and discs (identical size to the originals) but as i soon discovered the new pads push the caliper back out towards the wheel causing the same issue you had. sent a email straight to weller, still waiting on a reply.

Are you still running the 3mm spacers? i just hope its not the same for the rears when i come to chamge those too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
[
Hi, Yes still running 3mm spacers on the front. The rear has never been a problem. Have recently changed all discs and pads and everything is fine . Still love the look, the wheels are now gloss black and van has been lowered on B14s which makes a massive difference to the look and ride. Sorry to hear you're having a problem with your van(T28) as I was told the problem was the fact I had a T32 with the bigger brakes. Be interesting to hear their excuses this time!! Don't hold your breath too long as they're not good at getting back to you!! They will have to change the web site first to cover the reason why they don't fit your van... LOL .That's what happened in my case it never said that they would not fit a T32!! and now it looks like they don't fit T5/T6 at all !!!!!!!!!!

Snap, its alot of money to fork out for something that isnt as described. iv got a t6 t28, running standard breaks with 9j front 9.5j rear and your pics looks the spit of mine showing wear on the caliper clip. only difference is mine went on fine, ran them for 8 months no problems but last week i put on new pads and discs (identical size to the originals) but as i soon discovered the new pads push the caliper back out towards the wheel causing the same issue you had. sent a email straight to weller, still waiting on a reply.

Are you still running the 3mm spacers? i just hope its not the same for the rears when i come to chamge those too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, cheers Steve. sound like you've got a nice stealthy looking van now, black on black👌 What spacers did you go for as i cant find any decent ones at 3mm that have 65/65.1mm centre bore, might get 5mm just to be on the safe side which eibatch do. Also did you use your existing wheel bolts or have you bought longer ones?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, cheers Steve. sound like you've got a nice stealthy looking van now, black on black👌 What spacers did you go for as i cant find any decent ones at 3mm that have 65/65.1mm centre bore, might get 5mm just to be on the safe side which eibatch do. Also did you use your existing wheel bolts or have you bought longer ones?
Hi, Yes wheel spacers came from Ebay I think can't remember the name of them . I was looking for 5mm but none around at the time so gambled on the 3mm which are fine! . Yes i used the standard wheel bolt so i can have the standard centre caps on . I did'nt need to get longer bolts if using 3mm spacers ! well nothing has fell off yet...... LOL.😆

41 - 45 of 45 Posts