VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after 4 years of great service due to a baby arriving soon my wife and I have decided that if we want to continue camping and touring we need to buy something bigger than our t5 pop top. after a lot of research we have reached the conclusionthat a high top westfalia conversion is our best option. Unfortunately we missed out on a 1995 exclusive with 120,000 miles on the clock in Scotland priced at £12,500. There do not appear to be many of these vans around and the only one available at present is a 1997 model in london area in good condition but with 200,000 miles on the clock at £16,500. I was wondering if anyone here can advise as to how often these vans become available for sale, what sort of prices we should be looking to pay and what issues we may experience going forward with a high mileage van. I'm no technical guru - we just love camping so any advice on the model much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey,

With the current exchange rate I would go for German one 25k euro is 17.8k pounds. I would suggest a 2.5tdi as a minimum.. 102ps though a 150ps is a lot quicker bigger brakes, normally has the 16" alloys (to fit the bigger brakes)

Look on Mobile.de

http://suchen.mobile.de/wohnwagen/volkswagen.html?isSearchRequest=true&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&lang=de&scopeId=MH&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=exclusive

All in kilometers remember you should be able to pick up a good 120-160k(80-100kmile) with full service history and a good body. not so much on there at the moment

Normally I would say 20-25k euros.I guess with the sudden recent fall in the euro I would guess you would pay an extra 20-25% in the UK

Its not so difficult to import one to the UK and could save yourself a load of money as well..

Search for the exclusive thread as Jungleist said.. over 100 pages of information

Giles

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Hi all, after 4 years of great service due to a baby arriving soon my wife and I have decided that if we want to continue camping and touring we need to buy something bigger than our t5 pop top. after a lot of research we have reached the conclusionthat a high top westfalia conversion is our best option. Unfortunately we missed out on a 1995 exclusive with 120,000 miles on the clock in Scotland priced at £12,500. There do not appear to be many of these vans around and the only one available at present is a 1997 model in london area in good condition but with 200,000 miles on the clock at £16,500. I was wondering if anyone here can advise as to how often these vans become available for sale, what sort of prices we should be looking to pay and what issues we may experience going forward with a high mileage van. I'm no technical guru - we just love camping so any advice on the model much appreciated. Thanks.
As the others have said have a gander at the thread on here. But...we have just moved away from an Exclusive with a young child.

It was good while she was sleeping in her hard basket, we put her between the two front seats. But now she doesn't fit that anymore, we were quite uncomfortable with her going up top, and because of the seating arrangement when the downstairs bed is down, cab bunk option are limited.

If you don't mind one of you sleeping with the nipper with the other one upstairs then it would be good.

If she was older we would have kept the exec. Fantastic vans, well built.

They don't come up often in the UK, and as mentioned with the exchange rate now German vans would be a good option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Now considering a Westfalia Florida possibly, although I have wittled away many an evening salivating over some of the stuff on mobile.de

1 - 7 of 7 Posts