VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 T4 California Exclusive 2.5 TDi
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now SOLD to mendoza enjoy your new toy :)

It is with a heavy heart that I am putting my Westy up for sale. It took forever to find but since we moved from London to Suffolk in June 2011 it’s just not getting the use it should, we have not been away at all since moving hence the sale. I have had 20,000 trouble free miles and will be sad to see it go. As mentioned I may be in the market for a part exchange with the sale as I need a daily, VW only and something with good MPG.

£13,500 ono - You will not find a cheaper T4 2.5TDI Westfalia!.
Taxed to August 2012 & MOT to March 2013

It is a 1992 2.5tdi 102ps T4 - a bit of an unusual one with an interesting history...
It was first used as a demo/PR model by VW in Wolfsburg and then it was bought by their largest VW dealership in Germany. In 1995 the son of the director/owner bought the van and had the workshop extensively update with new VW developments. This included updated dash, air bags, digital speedo cluster, 2 zone climate control, leather steering/gear, TDI gearbox, TDI larger brake discs and the 2.5tdi engine (over 200 man hours). The last owner before me had the van for 7 years.

The van mileage is 253610 kms (157,500 miles) but the transplant engine is 108390 kms (67350 miles). Mileage will go up a little as it is my daily

I have the Service History (mostly VW) from 1992 to 2007. Also included is the original VW folder and manuals for the van. Most of the Westy manuals are in German but I can supply English PDF manuals on a CD for the buyer.

Completely overhauled to include TDI gearbox, TDI larger brake discs, 98' Caravelle dash with 2 zone climate control, driver airbag, leather steering and gear lever. From new includes electric windows, electric heated mirrors, central locking, PAS, ABS.

The Westfalia equipment includes Eberspacher heater, compressor fridge/freezer, digi control panel, RCD unit, mains power and 2 large leisure batteries, 4 berth, spirit hob and sink with fresh/grey on board water tanks, swivel captains seats with armrests, dinette table.

Extras include: original Westfalia roof silver screens, cab silver screens, original Westfalia gas roof struts, 98' VW alloys, Westfalia tow bar, safe.
------------------
Since owning it I had the following done:

03/2010 – Silver Fiamma F45i Awning Professionally Fitted - £550
03/2010 - Two new 105 AMP Ultra Deep Cycle, Sealed Leisure Batteries - £170
03/2012 - UK Legal German style number plates & surrounds - £60
03/2012 - Replaced & upgraded all speakers - £150
04/2010 - Professionally under-sealed Waxoyled - £350
04/2010 – CAT One Alarm System & Central Locking Professionally Installed - £350
04/2010 - Full flow (de-cat) stainless steel exhaust with two rear twin tips - £450
08/2010 – Full service & vehicle check by Simon @ Brickwerks including, replaced track rods, bushes & ball joint – £480
11/2010 – Power Coated Alloys black & 4 x Michelin Tyres - £550
11/2010 – 4 Bilstien B6 Shocks - £420
02/2011 - New Varta starter battery - £100
05/2011 – Van reweighed & V5 updated to prove LEZ compliant (all paperwork & weights decals included) - £120
05/2011 - Professional Limo Tinting - £150
06/2011 - Professional A & B Pillar Vinyl Fitted - £75

All receipts included for work. There a lot of other bits I have done to the van including, insulated doors, EGR blanking plate fitted New VAC pipes. It is due for a service if I have time to do this before the sale I will otherwise all service parts will be included in the sale (air, pollen, fuel oil filters & oil)
The van drives excellent, it is very nippy and I get £500-600 miles to a tank around town. All the camping equipment in the van works as it should.

It’s a 1992 van and there are a few small rust marks that can easily be dealt with, matching paint included, and a very small dent on the left side of the tailgate. Also included in the sale is a spare bonnet which I had planned to play about with and spray black

If you have any Qs please don’t hesitate in asking.

More photos available at www.photobucket.com/t4westysale

cheers
irishkeet

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello

Van has now had a full service (air, pollen, fuel & oil filter & oil) at my local garage and is ready to go.

cheers
irishkeet:D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I have found myself a possible daily but the van needs to go first so I am open to sensible offers
cheers
irishkeet

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price Dropped as I need to sell to purchase a daily I have seen

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a great van. Shame you have to sell it.
I know but in my head its now gone as I have my eye on a daily :( only took nearly a year to make the decision to sell :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts