VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today I drove my 2014 T5 kombi back from Oxford to Bristol. It was raining all the way back.

When I got home, the front passenger side interior load point was wet. (The circular load point just behind the rear kombi seats).

Does any one have ideas where the water may have come in from?

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
First check the roof bar nuts are in place in the gutter...then lift the rubber mat away from the passenger wheel arch. If there is any dampness in the foam on the back around the wheel arch then it is not uncommon to have a leak here. We have one in for warranty work with vw as I type.

edit.... is your van a twin sliding door? If not, it could be from the leaking windows. But if you have twin sliding doors, then no water from the windows is likely to get to the floor level.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ed,

As always thanks fro your reply.

My van is a twin slider and is going back into VW to have it's second set of windows put in!!

The roof bolts were checked and tightened only 2 weeks ago. It looks like I'll be checking the passenger side floor mat!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I remember a previous thread on this subject and that the vw dealers fix was to drill a hole in the space behind the passenger door grommet.
I tried this fix on my van as I had water pooling in this area and to my amazement no more damp.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
The previous thread was ours I think....certainly we had a bit to sayI:.
I think the problem is a badly sealed seam somewhere under the scuttle panel around the wing / base of the screen. But if you cant stop it getting in the van, then you can stop it getting in the cab by making a hole.
If it was my van and out of warranty this is what I would do. But for a newish van I think its better to let VW solve it....at least there is a chance their warranty work claim will make someone at VW HQ take notice and perhaps fix it once and for all.T:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I noticed water on the passenger side mat the other day but having said that I had driven through a flood. Still shouldn`t have got in though, I`ll have a look in the places suggested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts