VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help I opened my passenger door yesterday and I’ve got water coming from under my mat its split the mat and the padding is wet so what is it and have I got to take out my seat. Rest of cab area is dry. Have a leak from somewhere any ideas please .

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes at the bottom how do i solve this noticed today its rusty

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
I had just the same with mine, before i had the window replaced i dryed off all the water with a hair dryer from around the window seal, made sure it was very clean and then re- sealed with siliconeT:, it was like that until i changed the window 18mths later I:

jay:ILU:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx a problem ill have to sort out qiuck i need a 15m socket to take out seats then i can dry the floor

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had just the same with mine, before i had the window replaced i dryed off all the water with a hair dryer from around the window seal, made sure it was very clean and then re- sealed with siliconeT:, it was like that until i changed the window 18mths later I:

what silicone did you use

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
You can use clear, but i had a bit of black lying around and it was along the top edge so right out of sight - clear is a little pleasing to the eyeI:

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
just notcied mines wet, but the window has more rust round the window than i care to think about, might have to wait till i get chance to put her in the body shop.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
take the screen seal out,you may see a gap in the bonding where its coming in from?
put the seal in bucket of warm soapy water before refitting,makes it easierT:
with seal out,have someone run a hose around screen,water may be visible as to where its coming fromT:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers whooshwhoosh shame you dont live closer i could do with someone who knows what there doing .

got some new toys so youll hear me arrive in march

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
the outer rubber trim seal is prone to trapping water behind it between that and the inner boned seal better to remove idealy remove screen treat the rust area and refit screen and silicone up to stop water sitting in the channel, it very common on t4's

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the outer rubber trim seal is prone to trapping water behind it between that and the inner boned seal better to remove idealy remove screen treat the rust area and refit screen and silicone up to stop water sitting in the channel, it very common on t4's
cheers but i wouldnt know where to start . it sounds easy but i flooded my house changing a 20p washer doh !

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Sorry to hijack but I have the same prob. does the rubber trim seal come out easily and go back easily , and can I put sealant in before replacing trim seal? Cheers Spud.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not a clue thats why i put this on so i can learn from the experts any threads would be helpful .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts