VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

wet headliner in front left corner

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tanjaz 
#1 ·
Apols if this is in wrong section if so please point me in right direction. Our 03 T4 has a leak not sure if it's coming through windscreen seal as this all looks good on the outside. The van has a Reimo roof and still has the black roof bar? inserts goint right to the front of the van, again these look fine ( and are obviously covered by the roof. Also got a Reimo multi rail along side but this also seems well sealed.

Is it likely to be the windscreen, Are there ways to be certain before the screen gets a crack in it to go through the replacement process. autoglass won't touch it unless screen is broken and strugglin to find alternative repair.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

cheers

#2 ·
My cab headliner had the same problem (although its a panel van). Couldn't find any leaks, but when I the took headliner down there was alot of condensation on the metal roof. Wacked a couple layers of foil insulation up and this seems to have done the trick. T:

#5 ·
The guys who converted ours managed to drill a tiny hole through into the channel around the back doors when they were fitting the curtain rail. The curtain and lining in the rear nearside corner would get wet when it rained.

Once I realised what was happening I just sealed the hole up with silicone sealant.

It was quite a small hole, hard to find at first.

#6 ·
I would recommend dropping the headliner down and running a house on it for a bit after drying it off completely. This should indicate where the leak is coming from.

cheers jaz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.