VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all after 24 years working for the same company i've been made redundant along with another member on here (Mike hope your hangover is going) feeling pretty low at the moment & contemplating wether i'll be able to keep my pride & joy (not her indoors the van) because at 49 i feel its a ltd job oppertunities market for me,have had a couple of enquiries about doing some work on pepoles vans so there are possibilities but a cash injection to set up a small business will have to come from the sale of the van as the redundency package is c**p not sure what to do maybe a blessing in disguise but can't see it at the moment.Any others in the same position & how are you managing? good luck to any others who also have an uncertain job future....:(

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
mike now you paul.... didnt realise so many were going from Princess. hope its blessin in disguise for you mate. really sorry to hear about it. keep chin up and hopefully something will be along soon so you van can stay

·
Registered
649 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bikey. I lost my job 2 years ago. Not fun!
A few cash jobs saw me through for a few months, registered with a few agencies and found something eventually. Good luck if you register with the job centre, the one near me is a joke. I am still getting requests to pay back the over payments they gave me back then. T*ats!

Good luck.

Smokey.

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
FInd out on Monday if I still have a job. Been travelling around europe for the last 10 days, trying not to think about it and probably last chance i will have to do this for a while.
Hope work turns up. T:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys for the supportive comments & advice,onward to better things i'm certainly not going to lay down now that i've got my head around it i am going to come back stronger... You coming to Mike?..A:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Sounds like you are keeping your head and your spirits up, I wish you all the best, I know what you are going through.

Redundancy hit me about 4 years ago - bit of a stinger at the time but in retrospect it was the best thing that ever happened (work wise).

I took a chance and totally changed direction from Engineering to driving instruction - It was a breath of fresh air and although it didnt turn out to be the career for me I learnt alot and it lead me onto a new path.
We were offered a business opportunity we could do in our own time at any time (you know the sort "to good to be true") I still cant beleive how good the business is and although I still do a day job for now, redundancy wont be a problem if it happens again.

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Sorry to hear the news Paul but good luck in finding something else, hope it works out for you but keep the van. T:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well went in to a meeting today to see if there was any chance of me keeping my job but was told that they would not overturn thier decision (which happens to be a personal vendetta against me by my superior due to me catching him in a compromising position with the HR woman) so i finish on Friday. When i arrived home the phone rang & basically i start a new job on Monday with a new boat building firm H::DH: must thank my old boss as my mortgage will be paid by my redundency money, but will still miss the great bunch of pepole that i worked with for the last 24 years..

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
good to hear it paul, mike trying for same company?

Great you got a job again and can keep the van, bet finding the boss was a good laugh n all
Cheers Graham,Mikes got a contact there too so heres hoping & the other not a pretty sight i get goosebumps & now have to wear glasses as my eyes were badly scarred :eek::eek:

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Hi

Would'nt worry too much if i were you bickey.

I have seen your conversion work on your own van, And people who turn out that type of work out are not easy to come by.

There loss, Not yours.

I belive that something always turns up if you are a good capable person, And you have just proved that point by landing another job.

At least the vans staying fella T:

Cheers Andy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.