VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not a happy camper to say the least. Was out today in my 12 day old Kombi and stopped at B&Q for some bits. I came out 10 m later jumped in and went to go and the parking sensors were going mental(at the rear) so I jumped out only to notice some barsteward has dented both doors low down and centrally and scuffed all the top of the colour coded bumper!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
No witnesses and CCTV footage either. Gutted is an under statement how I feel after working so hard to get my new pride and joy and some low life does this to it. Cheers smiffy

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
awh man, that's bad. How can people do that, then drive away, surely someone would have seen it.:eek::eek:
Hope you get it sorted ok.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers fellas going to get it priced for repairs tomorrow

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hard luck mate, i know how you feel, last week we went to watch little'un in a christmas play, came out to find some little see you next tuesday keyed the side of the car, i would have loved to have found them and given them a christmas dinner from the NHSI: .

·
Registered
362 Posts
someone ttok out the back corner on mine two weeks ago and drove off i hope there next phoos a hedgehog as i cant afford to repair it at the mo

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 new doors (rear) plus bumper needed! Cost I'm not sure but I believe I may have to pay the vat as the insurers don't?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sorry to hear mate, i came out of tesco once and this woman reversed back into this minibus i had and tried to driveaway without saying anything, id never seen someones face so red when i tapped on the window haha
Id feel well guilty doing something like that, id have to stick a note on the window or something.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to hear mate, i came out of tesco once and this woman reversed back into this minibus i had and tried to driveaway without saying anything, id never seen someones face so red when i tapped on the window haha
Id feel well guilty doing something like that, id have to stick a note on the window or something.
Haha nice one. I damaged a blokes tailgate on his pickup once as forgot to put on a ladder clamp and was left on the roof untill he braked suddenly! Anyway he didn't notice but I followed him and told him, long n short It cost me £250 cash but hey I felt ok after about it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ouch just seen the quote ! £2750! Expensive trip to B&Q that was.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I had the long side scraped at stax carpark again no footage on cctv and no body saw anything ,s h i t e world isnt it

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
2 new doors (rear) plus bumper needed! Cost I'm not sure but I believe I may have to pay the vat as the insurers don't?
AFAIK you only pay for the VAT if you are VAT registered (then you get it "back" anyway).

That sucks!! Get yourself a towbar, has saved me a few rear end shunts before!!
Good thinking - I know quite a lot of people who do just that - towbar fitted & no electrics.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AFAIK you only pay for the VAT if you are VAT registered (then you get it "back" anyway).

Good thinking - I know quite a lot of people who do just that - towbar fitted & no electrics.
Yes vat registered . Tow bar it is then! Any on here going cheap?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts