VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving along nicely then futh futh futh futh. Looked in the engine bay and a bleeding injector had popped out the head.
I thought the fork retainer might have broken but when I managed to get it into the lights of my garage in the road (Pi+sing it down with rain) the bolt had snapped 1 cm inside the head.
This was 5pm and I can't get the van in my garage because it is too tall. (Still Peeing it down)
So I lifted the garage door and stuck the front end in for a bit of shelter, front off, radiator out, pot 2 and 3 injector pipes etc removed, drill remaining bolt, stud extractor out, drill hole with M8 helicoil set, tap hole, helicoil in, New S/S bolt, all back together. 10 pm. Cider.
And This morning knackered.
PS:Anyone got a good set of Stana's they no longer require? Please! Will pay wonga.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Blimey Tony - when it rains it pours! Still you did very well to get that stud extracted and repaired same evening. If that had happened to me, I would have cried with despair at the roadside and gone home with a bottle a red wine!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. It turned out the original stud had snapped when I put it in and didn't realise. The top half of the thread had stripped because of the above and with the pressure of the injector eventually popped it out.
Thank god I wasn't too far away from home when it happened. Also thank god for having a helpful 16 year old son who has helped me work on cars from the age of 10. He does all the tricky small hands needed jobs for me.:D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Man, thats impressive work. I wouldn't have known where to begin. And my son's useless his hands are like bleedin shovels and I can rarely prise the guitar or Xbox controller from them anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.