VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am thinking about getting a cheap and simple shock sensor alarm for my van, Im no electrician so something that is easy to fit and does the job will be ideal as long as it goes off if some low life goes near it, thats all I am after so I can then run out with a feather duster/baseball bat (only joking :D )
does anyone have any recommendations? Ive seen some on ebay and one in maplins, Thank You.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Got an Autowatch on mine, been reliable and is insurance approved (-£20 on my premium for getting it fitted).

The feather duster/baseball bat treatment is entirely optional, not sure if you'd get any further discount for declaring that one to the insurance company. :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Jungleist, I would of thought having a Thatcham Approved alarm would of knocked your insurance down a bit more than that, but I suppose its better than going to bed and assuming every noise is some one trying to break into your beloved T4 LOL:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi I have got an Autowatch alarm fitted to mine I used UPSPEX on here Martyn did a great job and the alarm has been faultless T:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Fitted a thatchem approved one on mine which also included central locking, cost a fair bit but great for peace of mind, insured through just kampers and didn't get a penny off for fitting it :(. But didn't fit it for that reason but was a bit surprised when didn't lower price at all.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the replies guys, Akhall6 I can't believe you didn't get anything knocked off after the effort and the money spent on the alarm, but at least it gives you peace of mind, the auto watch alarms seem out of my budget especially with my insurance renewal coming up very soon I thought if I get an alarm it might knock the price down a little, I'd be happy with a basic sensor alarm then its less electrics to go wrong or play up, maybe I should just wait until after the renewal and look into alarms further,

Any more opinions will be much appreciated! T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts