VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
i have seen an upgrade on ebay that is made by toad, it just plugs into your t5 and upgrades the central locking/immobiliser to an alarm system its only £90 which compared to paying out for a complete new install i would say its well worth it.

item number is 290316414228 hope this is of some help. im going to trat my van to one this month i think.

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
we use a company called safetow to fit cobra alarm systems, they know the vw group product and are reliable

·
Registered
634 Posts
I've given Terry a bell. Their prices are normal for the market but obviously being in Canvey Island, Essex then need to charge you to travel to them. Even for the piece of mind of a recommendation, £80 over the odds is too much for me.

If it helps anyone they use the Cobra 4908. I've just got to make my mind up between this and the Toad A850T2 and try to find somewhere recommended local to me.

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
ahhh there is a but....... they work down here all the time, so in theory you could come and annoy me while the alarm was being fitted, thus no higher price, did you mention to terry that you were a customer of mine? that generally helps, ask craig from wales, he was here last saturday.......:cool:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just had the Toad A850T2 alarm fitted for £230, by the bloke that sells them on Ebay for £80. His name is Miguel from Southern Car Security. All I can say is that for what I've seen that man do for a £150 fitting fee, he is more than welcome to it. It took him 2.5 hrs of soldering, splicing and fitting.

Unless you know what you are doing, don't even think about doing it yourself!

He is an authorised dealer and fitter for Toad and Sigma (Same company) and also Cobra products. He rates Toad, Sigma, Cobra alarms over Clifford etc. He himself has a Toad (not the A850T2) but does rate it as a basic alarm.

The ultrasonics can be switched off and the alarm left on if sleeping in it. It can be upgraded with various bits (extra sensors, sounders and a pager) for about £50 fitting fee each.

He is based in North Sussex but travels over the south of England inc Essex, Thames Valley and has recently been to Bristol!

His website is: http://southerncarsecurity.rapidpage.co.uk/ and his tel no is: 07790 080662.

He undercut everyone else by £50 on supply and fitting.

The alarm does what is says and is simple to use. If it goes wrong I'll let you know!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just had the Toad A850T2 alarm fitted for £230, by the bloke that sells them on Ebay for £80. All I can say is that for what I've seen that man do for a £150 fitting fee, he is more than welcome to it. It took him 2.5 hrs of soldering, splicing and fitting.

Unless you know what you are doing, don't even think about doing it yourself!

He is an authorised dealer and fitter for Toad and Sigma (Same company) and also Cobra products. He rates Toad, Sigma, Cobra alarms over Clifford etc. He himself has a Toad (not the A850T2) but does rate it as a basic alarm.

The ultrasonics can be switched off and the alarm left on if sleeping in it. It can be upgraded with various bits (extra sensors, sounders and a pager) for about £50 fitting fee each.

He is based in North Sussex but travels over the south of England inc Essex, Thames Valley and has recently been to Bristol!

His website is: http://southerncarsecurity.rapidpage.co.uk/ and his tel no is: 07790 080662.

He undercut everyone else by £50 on supply and fitting.

The alarm does what is says and is simple to use. If it goes wrong I'll let you know!
Awesome, that sounds good, I'll definitely check that out! Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts