VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a T5, should be easy so why have Broadway Van Centre failed to respond, why has JMC in the Midlands failed to respond and why was A1 Sports in Bristol so rude. I have £12k to spend, think I'll just buy a Transit, at least Ford dealers are more friendly and want the money:confused: I only asked reasonable questions like "what is the service history" "does it have an MOT and is it ready to drive away" "what is the body and interior condition" and are the alloys van rated. Maybe it is because I have cash and ask for a little discount, is that the issue or is it because I live in Bideford and considered a waste of time because I live to far away,trains planes and automobiles, or is it because I want to do an HPI check and take a mechanic friend with me who knows what to look for. I even took 2 days off work this week to buy one and am still without. Come on dealers there's a sale waiting hereA:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
to be honest mate waste of time unless you turn up in person i find most are rubbish at email responses. i got my van from broadway , but i did call in often and badger them a bit.. of all the places i went and left my details as i wanted air-con etc not one company in over 6 months searching got back to me. it was only when i went back to broadway that i seen a van with air-con .. otherwise i wouldnt have had it.. maybe its a sellers market not sure.. but i know if i had the experience and money to set up a business selling vw's id be more pro active for sure.. :*

·
Registered
692 Posts
Don't think you're doing anything wrong!

Just weeding out poor sellers!

Look at it this way..... if they can't be bothered to sell you a van now......are they going to look after you should something go wrong in the warranty period!?!

Just keep doin what your doin and you'll get a nice van.

·
Registered
703 Posts
That doesn't sound good. However from my experience of buying from dealers I very much doubt you will be able to just rock up, hand over the cash and drive off. There is usually at least a few days between going to look at said vehicle and collection as they like to give them the once over and valet them before letting it go. Also, when I bought my van the max amount of cash they would accept was £8k as that is company policy apparently. Had to pay the rest on the card. :(

Good luck with the search and happy hunting :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
hi .
m8 ,when i wa slooking to spend 28k on a sportline kombi a few years ago (better days) roughly half of the van centres never came back to me ,,, ide call and say hi im looking to buy a sportline kombi in black what can you do ??? you would think they would jump ,,,but no ,,,call andy @ vw heritage westbury, hes a top bloke and will allways look for what you asked fornot what hew can stich you up for...
wrexham as well are good,,, mike i think ,, sold me the kombi in the end good deal to!:ILU:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I want to buy a T5, should be easy so why have Broadway Van Centre failed to respond, why has JMC in the Midlands failed to respond and why was A1 Sports in Bristol so rude. I have £12k to spend, think I'll just buy a Transit, at least Ford dealers are more friendly and want the money:confused: I only asked reasonable questions like "what is the service history" "does it have an MOT and is it ready to drive away" "what is the body and interior condition" and are the alloys van rated. Maybe it is because I have cash and ask for a little discount, is that the issue or is it because I live in Bideford and considered a waste of time because I live to far away,trains planes and automobiles, or is it because I want to do an HPI check and take a mechanic friend with me who knows what to look for. I even took 2 days off work this week to buy one and am still without. Come on dealers there's a sale waiting hereA:
I'm in the same boat as you and have had exactly the same experiances with dealers the last couple of weeks,i work too hard for a living and i know buying a new van is not going to be a very pleasurable and hassle free with VW vans.:bhd

·
Registered
168 Posts
...when the missus and I FINALLY got some cash together after 4 kids...it took us ages to 'find the right van'.......
We also had the pleasure of dealing with morons that couldn't be bothered to reply to our enquiries...in the end, we went to a VW dealer in Swansea....great service and free tea...T:
Keep at it and before you know it...the right van will come along....remember, everything happens for a reason...good luck. :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Call Scott at VW Vans in Bridgwater. Champion fella who I think has a van or two in for that budget.

Good man, and will return your calls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought mine direct from a van hire company in Bolton (T&W van hire). They were great to deal with, always returned my phone calls and best of all I got a great van at a great price T:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi

I had been looking for 8months for a Black, lwb E/Windows, lift rear door, 2.5, panal van, and i wanted 4motion, less than 100k

miles and no VAT. I had 8grand so kissed the idea of 4motion good by. Last friday i became the owner of a Black, lwb E/Windows,

barn rear doors, 2.5, panal van, 4MOTION!! , 56000 miles and no VAT. £82300. All I can say is hang in there and the dream will

come alive or be it may take some time.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi

I had been looking for 8months for a Black, lwb E/Windows, lift rear door, 2.5, panal van, and i wanted 4motion, less than 100k

miles and no VAT. I had 8grand so kissed the idea of 4motion good by. Last friday i became the owner of a Black, lwb E/Windows,

barn rear doors, 2.5, panal van, 4MOTION!! , 56000 miles and no VAT. £82300. All I can say is hang in there and the dream will

come alive or be it may take some time.
wot??? £82300 for a t5 thats a lot ,you could have my t4 for £10000 bargin but glad you found the right van anyway have fun in it

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've also been to Broadway Van Center, never had a good experience there, ignorant and can't be bothered attitude. Bought Trevor from a dealer in Swansea instead, going great and the wife loves him!

·
Registered
184 Posts
hi .
m8 ,when i wa slooking to spend 28k on a sportline kombi a few years ago (better days) roughly half of the van centres never came back to me ,,, ide call and say hi im looking to buy a sportline kombi in black what can you do ??? you would think they would jump ,,,but no ,,,call andy @ vw heritage westbury, hes a top bloke and will allways look for what you asked fornot what hew can stich you up for...
wrexham as well are good,,, mike i think ,, sold me the kombi in the end good deal to!:ILU:
I got my van from Andy and can vouch he is a good guy, but he is busy and sometimes he does need a bit of a kick but i would buy from him again so surely that means something:*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.