VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have cmc -60 mm springs on the van at the mo but i often carry a lot of weight and they're just not up to the job.
can i combine -45mm eibachs and 10mm lowering plates to get -55mm?

·
Registered
873 Posts
quick answer for you - yes, the plates are thinner pieces of rubber and replace the existing rubber above the springs.

I made some up myself from some old thin rubber I had hanging around, took the old ones out and just marked and cut, they are only flat bits of rubber cut into a circle after all. A:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
thanks for the link.
which would you say are heavier duty? the eibachs or the vogtland?
cheers,
adam.T:
The Eibachs are rated at 1490KG and the Vogtland are 1300kg the Eibachs are better for a LWB full on conversion and both are good for SWB conversions, you do get a plusher ride with the Vogtlands though , but if you are towing any thing heavy the Eibachs win.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Eibachs are rated at 1490KG and the Vogtland are 1300kg the Eibachs are better for a LWB full on conversion and both are good for SWB conversions, you do get a plusher ride with the Vogtlands though , but if you are towing any thing heavy the Eibachs win.
Thanks for the info.
I do carry a fair bit of weight, quite often and also I pull a heavy trailer from time to time so it sounds like the eibachs are the boys for me.
Cheers,
Adam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts