324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i hear good and bad about these are they dim and which ones to go for
do they wire in easy and do some accept the leveling thing lol

cheers dix

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Listen,i have the DRL lights and in a nutshell there sh}t,wouldnt waste your money,Go get some decent front fog lights and one of those headlight looms,you will be more than impressedT:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I have them on my T5 and they are fine as long as you use good bulbs.
The light leveler on the dash won't work and the electric adjusters in the T5 headlight don't fit.

·
Super Moderator
5,187 Posts
I had some for over a year and did notice a 20% light drop but then changed to some halfords own brand brilliance bulbs which was a bit better.I live out in the country a little bit and travel on a few unlit roads but still think they where okay.
The led lights look good on them though and most vans suit the black ones better.

·
Super Moderator
5,187 Posts
Just looked at your van in your album bigmac and that looks really nice. Credit where credits dueT:

Bit off topic I know but he does have R8 style lights but on one of those T4 things:D

·
Super Moderator
5,187 Posts
theres a few differnt ones about any help which is best would be appreciated
also led indicator or not ?
I had the chrome indicator bulbs in my ones and can't comment on the led ones though.
I also bought a set of black R8 ones before I decided to do my facelift and bought them from Merseyspeed.
Alex there said stay away from the led indicator ones for some reason I don't know:*

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeh ive read about your facelift its the nuts jay fair play
i even had a mad moment of saying yeh im gona do it haha but i think im going sportline front old styleeee instead

·
Super Moderator
5,187 Posts
Was a mad moment I must admit!

Cost a bit more than I thought it would but once started I couldn't turn back!

The costs didn't include the VMAXX's plus fitting.
The PPTuning stainless exhaust.
New heavy duty drop links and anti-roll bar bushes!

Oh and bought some 17" steels with new winter rubber.

All before Christmas too!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha you sound like i used to be lol now im more carefull shes watching me !!!!!!!!!

but i had a new honda cbr in sept i got a mini cooper nearly finished and a mk2 golf half done lol so im spread thin at the mo lmao

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
hey guys i hear good and bad about these are they dim and which ones to go for
do they wire in easy and do some accept the leveling thing lol

cheers dix
DRL's are not meant for you to see where you are going - they are meant for others to be able to see you !

Daylight Running Lights, hence the name.

If wired correctly, they go off when the dipped headlamps are on.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well I got hid in dip which are projectors and nightbreakers in main and there the brightest lights I've seen on any car
Miles better than the vw put on there

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
ok due to eec all new vans etc will be fitted with drl and they are nothing more than a hard wired side light
if you mean driving /spot lamps they are worth fitting and then the 3rd option is fog lamps,

the driving lamps you fit above your bumper to light the road in normal use only on main beam where fogs are mounted below the bumper if you connect the driving/spot to your main beam then you have to have a illuminated switch so you can isolate then for the mot so you can turn them of for mot also best to have them wired on there own relays so if bulbs pop you dont lose the whole circuit
hid are ilegal if you use the standard lamp holders as they are designed for halogen bulbs and will fail an mot unless you change the whole standard lamp unit to a proper full hid conversion

·
Registered
270 Posts
What are DRL lights like......

They are "like" shocking and tacky! Unless the vehicle left the factory with them fitted dont bother retro fitting them. Why people insist on sticking parts of there old christmas decorations in random places on the front of there vehicle is beond me.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I like the look of them but also like my velle lights so added some dectane one's. They make you more visible which is no bad thing! Have you thought of the angel eyes type instead? Any way this is mine

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got hid in dip which are projectors and nightbreakers in main and there the brightest lights I've seen on any car
Miles better than the vw put on there
explain dude please whats night brakers diff bulbs? lol
cheers dix

sorry guys i meant r8 look lights in title

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts