VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the title.

Have had a look at the new Kango Air beams, like the look of them.

Loked at the Kyham motor awning, used to have a Kyham tent and know the quality is spot on.

But there are a few others out there, so any views. :*:*

Cheers SW

·
previously known as: baggit
812 Posts
Yep.......outwell, either country road for something fairly compact, California highway for something large. Both great awning, in my opinion the California highway has all the best bits like a full canopy, fly mesh over all the doors and windows but is a beast size wise, in honesty if the country road had all that I'd be down sizing. You might get some good deals if you buy now but similarly there is bound to be some new or improved models out next spring

·
Registered
773 Posts
I purchased a kyham tourer this year did not need something too big and its been great easy to put up (look on you tube ) and pack away and good quality

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I purchased a kyham tourer this year did not need something too big and its been great easy to put up (look on you tube ) and pack away and good quality
second that T: dogs danglers :)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
went from kyham to a vango sapera.. ok, the layouts a bit weird on the sapera, its pricey, and you'll struggle to fit your van and sapera in a pitch less than 8m, but for me the ease and speed of getting the thing up more than makes up for its shortcomings..

·
Registered
112 Posts
just bought a "navigator kombi", its big, but we needed the extra x2 double sleeping areas for guests & grand kids. One word of warning... the partition between the x2 double bed areas is a bit pants.... the rest is spot on.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I think you've had all the top choices mentioned above. It's whichever one of them suits you or if you're on a budget then have a search for some of the tent versus awning threads on here. Some very good and cheap ideas. I think it will be the Vango Sapera for me although I do have some cheap setups. A Decathlon tarp connected by pole and clamp to my Reimo rail and a Quechua Base Seconds XL popup tent combine well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts