VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone. I'm completely new to the world of T5 campers. I'm having mine converted next month and I have been looking at awnings. I have roof bars fitted which I think means I can't put in an awning rail. Does anyone have an awning they can recommend which either straps to the roof bars or goes over the roof and fixes the other side. Most of the ones I look at seem to use the awning rail. Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
102 Posts
Look at something like a reimo rail (mounts to the side of the van) or something like this:

http://camperessentials.co.uk/shop/vw-t5-bolt-on-awning-rail-roof-rail-spacer-system/

I presume that you're talking about drive away awnings, I wouldn't advise tying them to the roof rails or slinging them over the van, when the wind gets up it will damage you paintwork and it never fits properly.

We use an outwell country road for longer trips and a outdoor revolution tech 200 for weekends, held in place with a c-channel and kador strip.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That does look good, but not cheap when you buy the spacer set aswell.

In fact the cali rail would work out cheaper, and is independent of the roof rails, also longer.

col.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts