VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of a strange one this, as the ECU retrieved from the Van is a refurbished one but not for a 2.0 lt, it's from a 2.5 lt....which is why it is playing up..... I know the ECU number but not letter...I have the Vin.

Not my Van but a Forum member I am trying to help, so any help much appreciated by us both

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I can't help, but look on ebay for a T4 ECU 2.0 petrol. one should come up ! normally more in Germany !
2.5 ecu is never going to work as it has 5 Cyl for a start.

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't help, but look on ebay for a T4 ECU 2.0 petrol. one should come up ! normally more in Germany !
2.5 ecu is never going to work as it has 5 Cyl for a start.
Funny enough it has been working for many years...the original was sent for remapping and a 2.5 was sent back, which strangely worked up until recently.:*

I know you can get them on Ebay as I had to get one for my own 2.5 Auto T:...I am trying to find out if the letter at the end will make a difference as I know ECU number...

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
044 906 024E This was my ECU code, but it was a 97 van and had a Cat. I think the earlier ones had an identical number but different letter at the end.

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could be 044 906 022 M ?
Yes, you're right....the only thing I wasn't sure about was the end letter as VW do keep changing them :confused:

...thanks for your help...he has managed to get one with that code for £75 [bargain...if it worksI:]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just seen this post, thank you both for your help! The part arrived today and is at the post office.

I will be fitting it tomorrow and I'll update you with the result!

You guys are great!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts