VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

Ok, so i pretty much have the exterior how i want it now, just need a roof spoiler and im done.

So to the inteior..............

My plan for the rear is to have a 3/4 rock and roll bed (with a pull out hob at the back for al fresco cooking!_), a fridge and a couple of storage cupboards. A single piece roof with some spot lights and some means of providing power to my lap top for watching tv/movies on the long nights. The leisure batt and split charger i want to install under the drivers seat. I want to carpet direct to the metal panels, and cover the ply panels seprately

So far i have put fixed side windows in, sound proofed and insulated all the doors and panels including the roof and floor.
For now i have just put all the fibre boards back on to stop any of the insulation getting damaged. My fibre boards are a bit battered so i intend to use them as templates for new plywood ones, is 3.5mm sufficiant for this?

I have a plan for the layout in my head, my big question is which order is best to do it all?
Do i....... do electrics then carpet before installing the roof lining and flooring then add a bed and finish with cupboards or is there a more practical way of doing things? What did you guys do?

Many thanks in advance for replies............if any!!!

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
Electrics
Insulation
Carpetting
R&R bed fixings
Flooring
Cupboards
Install bed
2nd Fix electrics
Curtains etc

Thats how i do mine. Not saying its the only way or correct way but what works for meT:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds great, cheers stoo, think i just need a plan to followT:

When you install wiring for spot lights do you route wires up the pillar behind/beside dirver seat and then across the roof?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts