VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all looking for a little help some silly mare smashed in to my van and I think it may be a rite off as it is a T plate with 200K on the clock I am pritty sure I am about to lode out big time. So gutted.... I pased the garage to day and when I see it ther in it's poor state it almost brought a teer to my eye. I stopped in to see if there was any update I was in formed that the chap that was sent to check the damage has now snapped the only key in the door it will now be transported by fork lift it got me a bit rage'n:mad:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Gutted for ya mate :( not good to see something you love in a mess, and as for the breaking key off in the lock, idiots spring to mind. Hope she's sorted soon one way or the other T:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He has just phoned me and offered me 1500 and My van back with a new key that I have to buy and bill them for!!!! don't know what to do
:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
£1500 + new key + your van back? Snap their hands off.

Sounds like a result to me. If it's none repairable try stripping and selling the parts individually.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not had quotes from other bodyshops but the one it is in say I could get it done on the cheap for about 1200. Iam going to take it back

·
Registered
298 Posts
If it is a non fault accident I'm pretty sure you can insist on repair - aditionally I'd be insisting that they replace the key as they damaged it.

What category have they classed it as and how extensive is the damage? may be able to repair it yourself?

·
Registered
378 Posts
repair it dude, mine was a cat c write off when i bought it and although just vandal damage i replaced panels i didn't need to, to avoid filler and repaired it cheap enough. panels for these are for nowt and there are plenty in the breakers yards so you can do it cheap enough and still have some beer tokens left.
is it front end damage? and how bad? does it still drive? T:

·
Registered
298 Posts
also, check carefully if they have done any damage with the forklift? if so id push for them to repair or compensate for that too

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to get it back. (with a new key paid for by them) It is also not being reported as damaged no catagorised rite off.T:. It is rear end damage and it can be driven so once I have the key I will look in 2 repairing it or sell it as it is

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi bud

My 94 Caravelle (2 litre petrol 190,000 miles) was stolen two years ago. Driver’s door, rear window, steering column and gearbox linkage were wrecked, to the tune of £2,500.

Anyhow, it was only worth at top £2,000, but the insurance company fixed it, with a bit of persuasion.

Your T4 looks a lot tidier than my old Caravelle, put pressure on your insurer to fix it.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts