VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
They call customer assistance and vw recovery (if you have the phone bluetoothed)

I tried to reprogram them for calling home but couldn't. I've juts read this info here so maybe worth another look. I'll let you know if it works.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
they are bluetooth,but i think you need some vw gizmo extra to connect up.i didnt bother as
i dont want to be pestered when i am driving.
T:T:T:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi there

So VW now fit a direct line to their breakdown service:eek:, is this a sign of their reliability issues?

Just a thought

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm Guessing your in a Trendline or Highline. If you have the premium Bluetooth and multi fuction wheel you will probably never use the top one with a star. If you have connected your phone via bluetooth then you can answer / hangup the phone using it. the other 2 as said before direct to VW I understand again only if you've connected your phone via bluetooth.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have these buttons but they are redundant ( I presume ) because we have a Kenwood head unit.

So can we replace them with something useful like a clock?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have them too. I was told you hold one for like 10 seconds and it calls Vw recovery service or something.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have them too. I was told you hold one for like 10 seconds and it calls Vw recovery service or something.
I presume that only works with VW OEM Bluetooth Radio whereas I have Kenwood.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have OEM. Too scared to press it incase loads of rescue vans and helicopters and search parties come out to look for me. Lol

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have OEM. Too scared to press it incase loads of rescue vans and helicopters and search parties come out to look for me. Lol
Pressed each of them lots of times today but no RAC patrol, Life Boat, Sea King, Mountain Rescue T:

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Hi there

So VW now fit a direct line to their breakdown service:eek:, is this a sign of their reliability issues?

Just a thought
my thought exactly :eek:............just press that and we'll come and drag it unreliable sorry @rse back to the dealers so we can plug it into a computer
and if the computer don't come up with an answer then your screwed LOL:

·
Registered
21 Posts
The star button switches on voice command hands free phone if factory Bluetooth is installed. It's pretty good. You just press the button and tell it the number to call.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Star is to answer phone, other 2 are for use in Europe as vw hasn't run it out here, i is for general info spanner is for brake down assistance ( in Europe)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts