VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a set of alloys refurbished, they'll be acid dipped and powder coated acording to the people doing the job for me.

Obviously I'll be checking them over before coughing up. This might be a silly question, I've not had this job done before, but can anyone tell me what to look for to know if they've done a good job?

At present all the wheels have bubbling around the centre holes and some corrosion to the inside, various curbing scrapes and two of the wheels are bubbling in various places all over.

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
as long as they are not bent or cracked.

its what they will look like as a finished result

so you will see if you like them or not.

there is no work like welding being done which is going to be hidden

any reputable firm will have photos or wheels on show that they have refurbed.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Getting a set of alloys refurbished, they'll be acid dipped and powder coated acording to the people doing the job for me.

Obviously I'll be checking them over before coughing up. This might be a silly question, I've not had this job done before, but can anyone tell me what to look for to know if they've done a good job?

At present all the wheels have bubbling around the centre holes and some corrosion to the inside, various curbing scrapes and two of the wheels are bubbling in various places all over.
if they are refurbed profesionally then they should look like new when you collect....

if not dont pay,wheel refurb is exact what it says,refurb to get back to new.:ILU:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks
Getting them done by a company called Wicked Wheels
http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk/
mainly because they will pick up and return them as free time is scarce for me at the moment.
Apart from the dodgy name I can't find anything bad about them on the web, but their customer service can be a little slack. That's why I though I'd get the opinion of you folks in case I've chosen a bunch of jokers.
They said they'll be as new, so...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They were going to pick them up and take them away to do the work...
But they didn't turn up when booked and didn't tell me they would turn up later in the day when I would be at work.
So, like I said, their custemoer service is pants, I'm not using them anymore and highly recommend no one else does either.

Which gave me the weekend to ponder the alloys and I've changed my mind on them as I now can't be arsed with the hassle and expense of the refurb so I'll be listing them on here tonight for sale.

4 x 17" AME alloys ( Japanese copies of AMG but a reputable company from what I can find on the web: http://www.amgaustralia.com/wheels/AME.aspx ) 695Kg per wheel and tyres - 2 x Toyo Proxes with 3/4mm tread 97Y load rate & 2 x bridgestones with 5/6mm tread 91W load. They came off a Mercedes E class according to the bloke I bought them off. I have the correct size brand new spigot rings to chuck in too.

Will confirm all that and price and get some pictures up on the parts for sale section tonight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They were going to pick them up and take them away to do the work...
But they didn't turn up when booked and didn't tell me they would turn up later in the day when I would be at work.
So, like I said, their customer service is pants, I'm not using them anymore and highly recommend no one else does either.

Which gave me the weekend to ponder the alloys and I've changed my mind on them as I now can't be arsed with the hassle and expense of the refurb so I'll be listing them on here tonight for sale.

4 x 17" AME alloys ( Japanese copies of AMG but a reputable company from what I can find on the web: http://www.amgaustralia.com/wheels/AME.aspx ) 695Kg per wheel and tyres - 2 x Toyo Proxes with 3/4mm tread 97Y load rate & 2 x bridgestones with 5/6mm tread 91W load. They came off a Mercedes E class according to the bloke I bought them off. I have the correct size brand new spigot rings to chuck in too.

Will confirm all that and price and get some pictures up on the parts for sale section tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts