VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I have just aquired a nice big front mounted intercooler that I plan to fit in the new year, I have also purchased the following off a member on here but I guess due to the xmas post they have yet to turn up:

Are these the correct ones or do I require anything else prior to sending them on to Rake in the new year for him to work his magic. (Sorry about the pic it is the only one I have that I was supplied by the seller).

Consists of:

(4 of these)
VW/Audi Part Number:
074 130 201 J BPX 220/300 Bar

1 Unit (Bigger one)
VW/Audi Part Number:
074 130 202 Q BPX 220/300 Bar

Would you be so kind to inform be exactly what else I require to get the maximum fuel/power gains other than the nozzles (already spoken with Rake about nozzles but don't want to pester the lad too much)..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What happened to the wire on the bigger injector?
What wire ? does it just plug in to the injector (mine are 88bhp so don't know what I'm looking for as I have nothing to compare) is it possible he may have just left it out of the picture :*

I only have the picture to go off atm but he did say they worked great, so assuming that it has just been left off or something as the member that sold me them seemed very genuine, infact the door pocket I purchased off him arrived just the other day in superb condition.

·
Registered
317 Posts
What wire ? does it just plug in to the injector (mine are 88bhp so don't know what I'm looking for as I have nothing to compare) is it possible he may have just left it out of the picture :*

I only have the picture to go off atm but he did say they worked great, so assuming that it has just been left off or something as the member that sold me them seemed very genuine, infact the door pocket I purchased off him arrived just the other day in superb condition.
The wire is an integral part of the injector. As such; no wire = fooked injector!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take that on board and have contacted the member who sold them to me as he said they worked fine prior to removal before I bought them so it may be a simple mistake that he has pictured the wrong injector. I do hope this is the case as we rely heavily on honesty when dealing with fellow members on owners forums. :confused:

I can't see him doing this on purpose as it was only the other day he pm'd me telling me that they were on their way and that I could be fitting them over the christmas break, now if he knew one (discovered the most expensive one) is fubar then there was simply no way I could do anything with them.

Gutted to say the least but will wait until they arrive and had a chat with the member. :(

Merry christmas to all btw. *<:)>

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'll take that on board and have contacted the member who sold them to me as he said they worked fine prior to removal before I bought them so it may be a simple mistake that he has pictured the wrong injector. I do hope this is the case as we rely heavily on honesty when dealing with fellow members on owners forums. :confused:

I can't see him doing this on purpose as it was only the other day he pm'd me telling me that they were on their way and that I could be fitting them over the christmas break, now if he knew one (discovered the most expensive one) is fubar then there was simply no way I could do anything with them.

Gutted to say the least but will wait until they arrive and had a chat with the member. :(

Merry christmas to all btw. *<:)>
hi mate,those injectors look fine to me. the wire he is refering to is not a wire at all,but a braided rubber fuel leak off pipe. the pipe costs about £16 per metre from vw,the only prob i see is the 4th injector from the right has a bent nipple were the rubber pipe goes. im sure Rake has one lying around for a couple of bob.hope this eases your mind,all the best Joe T: *<:)>

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi mate,those injectors look fine to me. the wire he is refering to is not a wire at all,but a braided rubber fuel leak off pipe. the pipe costs about £16 per metre from vw,the only prob i see is the 4th injector from the right has a bent nipple were the rubber pipe goes. im sure Rake has one lying around for a couple of bob.hope this eases your mind,all the best Joe T: *<:)>
Hi Joe another member has kindly pointed me in the direction of this picture that clearly shows the wire the other guy mentioned was missing, Im guessing that these must be a sealed unit then and the wire can not be replaced?, does this render the complete injector U/S?.

Taken from here:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=152559

1 - 7 of 7 Posts